So I finally played around with one too many settings on my n810 and it got stuck in a reboot loop...so I decided to try to flash it. After purchasing a cable I sat down to the task at hand. Thus far I have tried on three different computers (one ubuntu 64, one ubuntu x86, and one windows vista) to flash it (following instructions on the wiki) but non of the machines will not get past the "device not found" stage. What should I do?

I know the cable works because the tablet shows the usb symbol in the coner after booting (holding the swap key) until I disconnect the cable (from either end). It's as though the device isn't actually registering/connecting to any of the pc's.

The device doesn't seem to be charging anymore either. When I plug in the power cable it shows the nokia logo, then the charging symbol, and then reboots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I could really use some help guys. I've tried three different cables and three different machines and cannot get the device to be recognized by the pc's. On the linux boxes lsusb outputs nothing related and on the windows machines nothing is listed in device manager when connected.

Again, the device enters usb mode but simply isn't recognized by any of the machines.

That's a tough one...

So you're saying that the Nokia won't even charge when it's shut off and you plug in the regular old charger that comes with the tablet? I'm afraid that it sounds as if you're so borked that you're going to have to try to get some warranty support from Nokia. Is it under warranty?

If not, well, you're in trouble. Keep in mind, you have to charge the tablet and disconnect the charger before flashing. It won't allow you to flash if the charger is plugged in. If you can't charge, you can't flash.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
If not, well, you're in trouble. Keep in mind, you have to charge the tablet and disconnect the charger before flashing. It won't allow you to flash if the charger is plugged in. If you can't charge, you can't flash.
Just this morning my battery went bad. It started by showing that it was not charging with the charger plugged in during operation. Finally my N800 shut down. Popped in one of my spare batteries and it charges fine. Even with a good charger, when the battery goes bad you NIT will not run.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:

Tags
mikespug v. battery war