Posts: 40 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin, Texas
You need to flash it with the eMMC image, not the fiasco image. See the wiki page above.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fphillips For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by fphillips View Post
You need to flash it with the eMMC image, not the fiasco image. See the wiki page above.
I see but it says its only for pre-production models. and i dont have a pre-production model

you can flash the emmc image in retail unit aswell. I've flashed mine aswell but it didn't solve my random reboot issue

good luck!

I see that emmc have version 1.2009.41-1
while the firmware is 1.2009.42-11

Is safe to flash that emmc on the latest firmware despite different numbers? I'm having production unit

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
I don't get it. How is everyone messing up Maemo so much in the first week of owning it?... to the point that they have to reflash the OS back to defaults? Might do you some good to stay out of the command line if you're messing it up that much.
Because most Maemo users are willing to test software and try things that will hose their kit.

The Following User Says Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
hi all!

just need to pick this up. i want to send my n900 back to amazon tomorrow. is the flash with emmc image the fastest way to erase all personal data? or is there some kind of auto erase application out there now

thanx&greetz

JohnnyT76

am getting ready to flash now, if i cant flash it am sending back this crap asap, this is serious flaw if i cant hardrest my phone in a user friendly way then this is a big failure by nokia. They need to provide us the software to do it like how is it for windows mobile phones.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
There really should be a way to wipe and format on device. I'm sick of needing a PC to support my device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to christexaport For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You will never learn if you dont hit the wall

Originally Posted by pagesix1536 View Post
I don't get it. How is everyone messing up Maemo so much in the first week of owning it?... to the point that they have to reflash the OS back to defaults? Might do you some good to stay out of the command line if you're messing it up that much.
Hi,
I'd just like to point out that (though I appreciate there are plenty of people who probably do mess about with things they don't understand), it's a little unfair to assume that's what's happened to everyone, there may be an underlying issue with the software or hardware. I got my N900 on Monday, barely used it til Thursday (I was waiting for my old number to transfer to my new contract), and last night (without having played with the command line or done anything else out of the ordinary), I opened the web browser, the phone began rebooting before it opened, and hung after "NOKIA" displayed on the screen, now you have to pull the battery to switch off, and when you try to boot it just sticks at that same point (when the five blinking dots appear in the center of the screen). I had experienced it rebooting itself a number of times previously but (being used to Nokia Nseries phones) I kind of accepted that as a flaw to be fixed in a later software update.
Anyway, the point is, I've done nothing to screw it up, so it's obviously got a bug in something somewhere, and mine probably isn't the only one in existence that's done it. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not criticising the N900 or Maemo platform (actually whilst it was working I thought it was fantastic), but I think it illustrates that it would be handy if it could be "hard reset" easliy, it might be all mine needs to get going but as it stands it's going to have to go back to Nokia (complete with the few contacts etc. that I have left on it and can't delete).

Tags
n900, reset