Active Topics

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Hi all.

I would want to launch mplayer to see it when I click on a video link on the web.

I've installed mplayer-plugin but it seems not to be the solution. Once installed when I click on a video in microb web browser it wants to launch default media player.

Is it possible to do what I want? If yes... how?

Thanks in advance.

If you have DBus-Switchboard installed, perhaps you could change the association of an extension. Also maybe disabling the default Media Player plugin could help

The Following User Says Thank You to jstokes For This Useful Post:
Don it all.

I'm still no luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Straycat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
depending on the file format, one may have to set dbus-switchboard as the mime handler in the "defaults" section of the dbus-switchboard settings.

on my system video/avi, video/mpeg, video/x-ms-asf and video/x-msvideo is set to hildon-mp_ui.desktop, meaning that anything with those mime types gets handed to the maemo media player. double-tapping any of those will turn it green and change the handler to hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Many thanks, tso.

To see videos from yotube on microb itself that was the answer.

That's made me happy enough, tough I would want too to launch mplayer when I click on a link over m.youtube.com with no avail until now.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by tso View Post
depending on the file format, one may have to set dbus-switchboard as the mime handler in the "defaults" section of the dbus-switchboard settings.

on my system video/avi, video/mpeg, video/x-ms-asf and video/x-msvideo is set to hildon-mp_ui.desktop, meaning that anything with those mime types gets handed to the maemo media player. double-tapping any of those will turn it green and change the handler to hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop.
Hey tso.

Could you share your mplayerplug-in.conf and mplayerplug-in.types files?

Also your Dbus-Switchboard config file even though I don't know where it is or what it's called if possible.

Finally, could you give an example of how this is supposed to work?

I just don't get it.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Sorry to say, but i managed to trash my system partition a while back and since then my N800 has been resting in a closet. Can't be bothered to reflash and rebuild, and the process for extracting a fresh system partition onto a SD without cloning from the internal is overly complex.

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post: