Active Topics

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Hi, all.

Yesterday I installed NITdroid successfully but doing that I screwed up the 'backupmenu" aplication.

At the same time it upgraded my kernel-power package from v47 to v48.

For me, kp48 blows away the video subsystem on my device so I decided to run away to kp49.

And doing that screwed up the multiboot entry for kernel power.

So, now, I'm running on strock kernel and I don't have backupmenu and a awesome kernel panic when I choose kernel-power on multiboot option.

I tried to install "kernel-power-bootimg" but it depends on packages on kp48 and I'm stuck here.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
As I wrote here, for kp49 you need to download the kernel-power-bootimg .deb file (from the same place you downloaded all the other kp49 .deb files) as the version in the repository is kp48.

I've no idea what you were doing with backupmenu. The stock version doesn't support multiboot at all (though there should be a version posted on here somewhere that does). If you were running the modified version then I can't see why installing NitDroid would break it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Posts: 218 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ spain
Thanks again, Rob1n.

I've downloaded and successfully installed the kernel-power-bootimg as you sugested me.

That solved the booting to KP49 issue and KP49 solved the video subsystem issue on my phone.

Now I'm a happy man.

I had the stock version of backupmenu, that don't support multiboot like you said.