Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
I never use Phoenix, dont know that

Flashed NorthernEurope successfully, but now i got the "Warning! You have modified the firmware..."-Message.

Seems there is now no reason not to flash OpenKernel when its available for PR1.2

Been using it for ages with Nokias, anyhow, here's the video of how to just for others who might be interested

Flash with Phoenix

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Cluj, RO
Hello,

I have yet to receive the PR 1.2 update for my device in Romania, even though I have seen other local users confirm that they had received it already. I have a 16GB black.

I currently have PR1.1(20.2011.40-4.441.2_PR_441) installed. This is weird, because most people have just 1-9 at the end, right?

While trying to troubleshoot the issue I did an apt-get update and the result said:

[...]
W: Failed to fetch https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com/ha..././Packages.gz The requested URL returned error: 404

Could it be that my firmware repository is broken, since the 441 cannot be reached?

Vlad

Last edited by VladNistor; 2012-02-28 at 15:53.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky View Post
Flashed NorthernEurope successfully, but now i got the "Warning! You have modified the firmware..."-Message.

Seems there is now no reason not to flash OpenKernel when its available for PR1.2
I dont have this problem

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
If you feel your N9 sluggish right after the update to PR1.2 - do NOT worry! It is just tracker rebuilding its database. Takes like 10 minutes, after that your device will be silky smooth again! :P

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by TMavica View Post
Yours one is singapore, that is PR 005, you cant flash to PR 001 file, I tried
Flash the singapore 005 and N9 is back up and running fine. thanks for your help

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
If you feel your N9 sluggish right after the update to PR1.2 - do NOT worry! It is just tracker rebuilding its database. Takes like 10 minutes, after that your device will be silky smooth again! :P
That scared me at first :P

I had no problem downloading and installing the update yesterday, everything went smooth.

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
I flashed my N9 via NaviFirm back to proper PR1.2, the keyboards are finally IN, phone acts pretty cool but I canīt open/send/receive any mail, I canīt go to my Facebook and my Gallery is empty....
I re-installed my accounts twice, rebooted twice but once I open Mail app it says "Set up your mail"...but check this: I can see all of my accts in Accounts app, I can even log on to Fbook, Gtalk, Skype and see the green icon...but no access to mail app at all...once I start setting up new mail it says the mail already exists...totally insane...

@gallery: I copied some pictures to the phone while in Mass Storage, I can see them all in Filebox @ PIctures but the Gallery app is empty...

I did the same with some music and no problem there....

WTF???
Is there official PR1.2 on NSU yet?
AFAICR the NSU is always the most reliable way on how to update the phone properly...I had similar issues after some flashing PR1.1 before, once I re-installed the FW via NSU, the problems were gone...

Last edited by jleholeho; 2012-02-28 at 15:03.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Geneva, Switzerland
For swiss user:
N9 16g Black Swisscom Product code 059L6C2
Updated over OTA 2 minutes ago
PR.1.2 (30.2012.07-1_PR_009)

Everythings seems OK.