Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

Why would anyone want to use the same number in two different devices anyway? If I have two phones, then I have two different SIMs!

I just don't get people sometimes...
Well, I'd like to have it as I travel often. I use a prepaid SIM when in a foreign country. It's a *lot* cheaper to use data plan from a prepaid SIM than to do data roaming. While using a prepaid SIM, unfortunately, most messages only go to my postpaid SIM #. The prepaid SIM # would change over time & I'd prefer not to register it in whatsapp.

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
@Scorpius:

A suggested feature...

I have 2000+ contacts in my phone and they are all in international format. May I suggest that you place a progress bar when doing a sync with whatsapp server?

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Is it possible to use the picture's you already have with your contacts? For example Hermes grabs the pictures from Facebook.
Yappari uses the pictures of your contacts from your address book, so I don't know what you mean.

Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
Great update, thanks! What do I have to do to preserve message history from 0.0.16 over to 0.0.18? (Sry when I missed that on pages before, haven't found it)
Don't worry about that. When you click on a contact if it has history you'll see it. When you close a chat the history won't be deleted.

Originally Posted by ajack View Post
I have 2000+ contacts in my phone and they are all in international format. May I suggest that you place a progress bar when doing a sync with whatsapp server?
Contacts synchronization should be transparent running in background like in the original Whatsapp application. Contact synchronization can take a long time, if I put a progress bar then you couldn't use Yappari every time it syncs for 5 minutes.

Right now it makes Yappari laggy but the idea is to work on that and fix it so even if the synchronization takes 20 minutes you don't even notice and keep working with Yappari with no issues.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
If you have one of those weird phobias like paranoia or persecution phobia you should go to a doctor but to avoid a panic attack in the meantime...
Even though there are some people here that will claim contacts synchronization is a privacy issue, it is not.
Not everyone agrees with you.

Is there any chance that we can all just agree to disagree and you can stop insulting people who have a different opinion to you?

The Following User Says Thank You to karatestarfish For This Useful Post:
In a couple of months I guess, maybe even more.
Scorpius, maybe it is asked already but is it maybe possible to show only the https-link to a picture in the chat-window?
For now I keep searching in the log-file for urls but it should be easier as it is shown in the chat-window...

I just happened to reflash my device 24 hours ago to test CSSU and hostmode-gui on kernel-power-flasher. So I installed everything after reflashing and found that mscim didn't work on yappari again (remember me, Scorpius?). This had happened before with some other apps that I wanted to try (e.g. jspeed, cell-modem-ui, etc), even with mscim-bridge-client-qt4 installed. In order for me to use mscim on yappari, I have to choose not to use those apps, which is fine as they are not critical. So now I'm reflashing again and installing yappari first, then installing other apps one by one to find out which app is crashing mscim/yappari (and I have to reboot after installing each app!). I hope it's not one of CSSU, hostmode-gui or kernel-power-flasher because I really like to have them.

Anyway, the above is just a side story. The following is what I'd like to report.

Since I just reflashed my device, I installed afresh the 0.0.17 deb instead of upgrading from 0.0.16. After installing 0.0.17, I could not register. The progress bar just kept going for 2 minutes, before the main window showed up with the message "The verification SMS was never received. Please try later." showing in the status area. No logs or yappari.conf were created. So I uninstalled 0.0.17, installed 0.0.16, registered, and upgraded to 0.0.17. And things seem to work fine so far.

contacts doesnt sync. i clicked sync now and it lagged a bit after that but nothing happens. although there are many contacts in my list who uses whatsapp

Originally Posted by Mohammed Muid View Post
contacts doesnt sync. i clicked sync now and it lagged a bit after that but nothing happens. although there are many contacts in my list who uses whatsapp
1. Have you reboot after installing Yappari?
2. If your contacts are not in international format, did you use the correct country code while registering? (you might want to recheck your .conf file)
3. Are your contacts using non-digit characters/spaces? (Although this supposed to be supported on this release as well IIRC)

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Germany
I updated from v0.0.16 to v0.0.17 today and everything is working as proposed. Good job Scorpius

download link is broken, please make a mirror
ps: guess uppit storage servers is down.

Last edited by osjh; 2012-07-23 at 15:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to osjh For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp