Posts: 191 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bloomington, IL
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
It usually works if you switch to 2g. I think I got it working with 4g but I am not sure if it is working anymore.

Try the following setting:
Con name: T-Mobile MMS
apn: internet2.voicestream.com
proxy: 216.155.165.50
proxy port: 8080
mms message center: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
These APN settings work when I set my cell network to prefer 3g or 2g only. Does not set on 4g (LTE) which is fine I suppose. Thanks for the work around.

What is the verdict on the sensors crashing bug and how best to fix it?

I have a bug that restarts the device every whenever (when not in use), which seems to keep the sensors working (although might be related), but ideally bugs would be quashed.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Hi, I was wondering if Sailfish on N5 has anything like Facebook Messenger with instant message notifications?
Also, is it possible to use it on a daily basis? I remember owning N4 a year ago and SFOS on it was not good enough. For simple stuff like browsing the net it was fine but making calls was a terrible experience.

Blackberry is now dropping Facebook support through their app which means no more Hub integration and since none of my friends text anymore I kinda don't see myself checking the website every now and then. For that I can simply go back to using my N9.
Thanks.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
I use my N5 with SFOS on a daily basis...I don't use my Jolla phone anymore. But I think there is no Facebook Messenger even if they are some initiatives to reborn a FB application on Warehouse.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Do you experience many irritating inconvieneces during the day? Like screen not unlocking after a call or not being able to answer a call or sudden restarts?
Have you tried this?
https://openrepos.net/content/nodeve...senger-account
Seems like it might be the thing I need although when I used something similar on the N9 there was a huge battery drain caused by it.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by romu View Post
I use my N5 with SFOS on a daily basis...I don't use my Jolla phone anymore. But I think there is no Facebook Messenger even if they are some initiatives to reborn a FB application on Warehouse.
There is a Facebook Messenger account plugin which does a rather good job.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by szymeczek34 View Post
Do you experience many irritating inconvieneces during the day? Like screen not unlocking after a call or not being able to answer a call or sudden restarts?
Restart ? Never.

The most annoying issue to me is the random crash of the sensor processes. It can occur 2 times in a week, or 2 times in a day...random. But with a single command in a terminal you can restart the service and get your sensors back. There is no workaround yet.

In the past year, I've got 4 or 5 lipstick crashes, in that case, you can't control the touchscreen, so you can't answer a call. Again, from a terminal through ssh, you can restart lipstick.

From time to time, when I receive a call, it fails and I hear the familiar sound which can be heard when there is a signal issue. But that's not often, and when it happens, the call appear on the phone, so I can call my peer back in seconds.

Have you tried this?
https://openrepos.net/content/nodeve...senger-account[/QUOTE]

Didn't know, thanks.

Last edited by romu; 2016-03-17 at 14:37.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Thanks for all the feedback, I think I'm gonna buy one. Oh, just one more quick question: for Sailfish it doesn't matter whether I buy16 or 32GB version of the Nexus, right?

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Thanks for all the feedback, I think I'm gonna buy one. Oh, just one more quick question: for Sailfish it doesn't matter whether I buy16 or 32GB version of the Nexus, right?
Either is fine. Make sure you get the right model/modem for your country!

The Following User Says Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Great, thanks!