Active Topics

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...mer-microsoft/

It's predictable news.. but unfortunate too for many.

So the N900 truly was the last of it's era.

The Following User Says Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
says nothing about dropping meego

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Yep i second that BUT i have to say that IF Nokia go full swing with Microsoft then for sure as i am breathing today we will never see Meego as Windows would be the future for Nokia.

Why didnt Nokia stop long time ago with dreams of Maemo amd Meego , get to where it should have been years ago and join forces with Bill Gates?.

Although very sad to read what is happening, it at least WILL be a positive move forward on mobile OS AND please remember the N900 is indeed fully progammable leaving it open for Windows Mobile.

Give me this anytime but thoughts are leading to being hacked and exploited from the off... good thing i think.

Windows mobile = anti virus/spam etc etc against the world of Gates haters. hmmmmmm.

They actually haven't.. they'll still release a MeeGo device by the end of the year..

But we all know what that will mean.. it will be a great device with little or no support. Would you put yourself through it again knowing that it won't lead anywhere?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
That is pure speculation and you should have learned by now not to listen to Nokia or its hype... better to wait untill it is actually released as a product before any guarentee's.

EDIT.... if you remember we was supposed to have a Meego device by the end of LAST year !!!.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
says nothing about dropping meego
Get real and stop dream now its over.

WebOS next...

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Greece
IT'S THE END OF THE FREE WORLD GUYS AND GALS!!!
Nice having known ya...

Why are Nokia making a huge mistake?

After it's dismal sales figures Maemo could hardly be called a major success. Yes us techy types who own an N900 love it. But you should see my girlfriend trying to use it.. do you think she either knows about or gives a **** about overclocking? .. we're talking about the average consumer here. That's who brings the money in.

WP7 is a very capable platform and if they learn to adapt to Nokia as much as Nokia need to.. it could be a very good business move.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faustino For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
Why are Nokia making a huge mistake?

After it's dismal sales figures Maemo could hardly be called a major success. Yes us techy types who own an N900 love it. But you should see my girlfriend trying to use it.. do you think she either knows about or gives a **** about overclocking? .. we're talking about the average consumer here. That's who brings the money in.

WP7 is a very capable platform and if they learn to adapt to Nokia as much as Nokia need to.. it could be a very good business move.
Actually my gf wants to buy my n900 and is constantly asking me to get an Android phone so she can have my n900 =\ She isn't computer savy in the slightest but can use Maemo fine. She finds it easier and more intuitive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jaimex2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
But this is impossible! What happens to step 4 of 5?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post: