Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
purge it..i too had batterypatch before..with kp50, the patch battery life improvement is not noticed and only messes with your device...in the wrong ways.

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ port harcourt
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
purge it..i too had batterypatch before..with kp50, the patch battery life improvement is not noticed and only messes with your device...in the wrong ways.
thanks 4d speedy reply...I'll do just that.....

i purged it, rebooted and still observing same inconsistencies in the kernel configurations

I was to used to charge my N900 after 2/3 days of use....
Now with KP50 and "ORIENTATION LOCK" enabled, this is the 5th day of use!!!!!

Could someone try to disable rotation to confirm the same behavior???

Last edited by xes; 2012-04-29 at 22:37.

===

Changelog:

kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power50) fremantle; urgency=low
* Fixed reboot problem
Not fixed for me

My device keeps not rebooting via x-terminal and *sometimes* reboots after a shutdown

Another one: I don't know if it's related to kp50, anyway recently is very hard for me taking shots with BlessN900; whatever mode I choose, 99% times just crashes after I push the camera button.

Any ideas on those ones? I got latest CSSU.

Thanks

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by harry_e20000 View Post
i purged it, rebooted and still observing same inconsistencies in the kernel configurations
If the overclock settings are being modified without you being involved, it means that some program is doing that.

The default kernel settings program does that *once* during boot. So you have to figure out which program is doing that.

Batterypatch and/or speedpatch are the two most obvious candidates. While I'm not familiar with either of them (nor do I wish to be), I seriously doubt that apt-get remove or apt-get purge will actually remove them as the user would expect (at least speedpatch is/was known for messing up your .bashrc when uninstalled).

Conclusion: either you're knowledeable enough to remove any remaining parts of those programs (as well as enough to not install such things again) OR you treat your N900 as infected by a rootkit and reflash it completely.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by ed_boner View Post
first : sp/bp has their own thread to discuss in

second : ed_boner ... if you can't seem to find batterylife improvement, then it doesn't mean that bp messes with your device
and throwing every problem to batterypatch or speedpatch is getting a habit around here ,right ?

Originally Posted by harry_e20000 View Post
as harry reported here/ he removed batterypatch and still he's having the same problem .. he had before
so the problem isn't caused from bp

Originally Posted by reinob View Post

Batterypatch and/or speedpatch are the two most obvious candidates. While I'm not familiar with either of them (nor do I wish to be), I seriously doubt that apt-get remove or apt-get purge will actually remove them as the user would expect (at least speedpatch is/was known for messing up your .bashrc when uninstalled).
now reinob
as for speedpatch i admit that it had removing problems with .bashrc and .profile
however latest version was fixed.. also it's now in extras (stable one)

about batterypatch .. well why don't you make a simple test , i made plenty of them regarding to removing thingy

especially bp doesn't inject or modify already existed files,
it just adds new ones .. apt-get remove|purge ... will do the job

seriously am bored from throwing most of the problems on sp and bp
period

//edit again i say any further discussions ,MUST be continued at sp/bp thread

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to karam For This Useful Post:
i think people started to throw everything on them when speed patch had problems in removing?

well, cant do a reflash now...alot is at stake...I just got to stick with it since m not noticing any strange behavior yet....I appreciate you guys for your help....thumbs up

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by karam View Post
it doesn't mean that bp messes with your device
I think you're being a little disingenuous here. One of the primary things BP actually does is change the upper/lower limits for overclock. Though it stopped doing so recently, BP was the only tool to my knowledge since Titan's kernels to enable/use 125Mhz. This would imply that the original poster has an older version of BP installed, and that fragments of it are still in place and being called despite an "uninstall".

especially bp doesn't inject or modify already existed files,
it just adds new ones ..
Current versions do not. Older versions did. We've already determined this is an older version. If it was installed in conjunction with SP, then really there are injections and the like. For all we know he could be using one of the script versions, from before there was even an installer package...

As for a "test" about BP, we have that test: We ask if someone has it installed. When dozens of people have issues with it, and the question at hand is about changes happening that are known to be caused by BP, a test is far from needed.

as harry reported here/ he removed batterypatch and still he's having the same problem .. he had before
so the problem isn't caused from bp
As you've noted multiple times in your own thread, sometimes it will take more than one reboot to "fix" issues around install/uninstall of BP. Also, if this version of BP is old enough to be using 125Mhz, it's probably also old enough to have uninstall issues as well (there were many versions that didn't clean up after themselves very well). Which means that even uninstalling it may not have cleaned it off his system.

Instead of bickering however, I think the better thing to do it to move this discussion to the proper thread. There you can make sure all elements of BP were actually removed, and better instruct on how to use kernel-config to load a stable setup.

Good luck.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali