Notices

Is there some way to map the actions in the "Drascula" game to the N800 hardware buttons?

Currently the mapping is:
Undo button -> quit game
Menu button -> close
Home button -> look (which is not so good as the home button also brings up the home menu)

The other actions are not acessible via hardware buttons, but only via the popup menu at the upper screen border, which is not so convenient to use, as it is apparently meant to be used with a mouse and not a stylus.

A better mapping would imo be something like:
Undo button -> quit game
Menu button -> inventory
Center button -> walk
Left button -> look
Right button -> take
Up button -> open
down button -> close
- button -> talk
+ button -> push

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Is it possible to add a keybinding for the "global main menu" that was added in .13 which is invoked on computer by pressing Ctrl+F5. Maybe on the N800, something like Menu & the plus button.

It's a nice timesaver because it lets you get back to the launcher w/out having to quit ScummVM.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Is it possible to add a keybinding for the "global main menu" that was added in .13 which is invoked on computer by pressing Ctrl+F5. Maybe on the N800, something like Menu & the plus button.
Well, I was thinking if I should 'waste' some keys for this but yes, combinations are free. Will check how hard it is. ctrl/shift/alt are modifiers handled directly by SDL, combination of two 'normal' keys is a bit more work but should be doable.
Originally Posted by iskarion
Is there some way to map the actions in the "Drascula" game to the N800 hardware buttons?
OK, will check. Did not play this one yet.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Well, I was thinking if I should 'waste' some keys for this but yes, combinations are free. Will check how hard it is. ctrl/shift/alt are modifiers handled directly by SDL, combination of two 'normal' keys is a bit more work but should be doable.
Been hacking on this (well, not "this" but getting the pause menu ) on the computer version, came up with the patch attached.

Works on the computer, didn't try it on the tablet (too much engines to compile & sbox' g++ is slow )

The patch enables you to get the global menu by pressing F5 (or shall I say F4 ;P) when the game is paused and using the pause menu specific to the engine.

Caveats:
  • I'm no coder
  • I haven't tested on the tablet
  • Not entirely sure if it's useful when the game doesn't let you pause. But it's an avenue that may be worth exploring?
Attached Files
File Type: txt global_menu.diff.txt (1.3 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-03-03 at 19:54.

I was thinking about something like mapping fullscreen button to ctrl and toggling fullscreen mode only when the key is released without pressing another key. that would give us easy key combos but still allow fullscreen switching in almost normal way

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I think I found a bug, not sure if it is Maemo related.

I ran ScummVM and tried to start my Drascula game. Turned out it was old version and ScummVM showed an error message, but after I clicked on OK the message disappeared and left a blank black screen and I couldn't bring the menu up. Closed it with the task navigator, but the process hung with 100% CPU and I had to kill it with SIGKILL.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I think I found a bug, not sure if it is Maemo related.
Could be verified by getting desktop (win32, linux, ..) version http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php and retry.

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
I ran ScummVM and tried to start my Drascula game. Turned out it was old version and ScummVM showed an error message, but after I clicked on OK the message disappeared and left a blank black screen and I couldn't bring the menu up. Closed it with the task navigator, but the process hung with 100% CPU and I had to kill it with SIGKILL.
Seen same/similar issue maybe with different game (kyra?). When the datafile is old dialog pops up, when dismissed there is blank screen and scummvm doesn't quit.

ScummVM bugtracker is here http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?grou...16&atid=418820

The Following User Says Thank You to fanoush For This Useful Post: