So we're still at the how to get e-yes the money issue?
He said it wasn't the main problem;
Originally Posted by e-yes
Well, PayPal is not main problem, I can loan money (pay from credit card, for example) and withdraw money from paypal account somehow lately.
I hope we can start this project as soon as possible.

I hope so to. How are we going to do this. Is there any way we can help you e-yes? Can you set up a Paypal so we can start donating

i have an idea how we can get this done pretty quickly! lets just uuum hijack e-eyes, keep him locked up until the program is done, little bit torture if he is slow, no food if no progress with the program, if he is working fast and and so on, we can give him something else to eat than old hard bread and water.

i quess that would work out well

ps. gimme the paypal link so i can donaaateee

Well there's obviously several people that are willing to donate so this really looks promising...IF we know where to put that money.
e-yes; show us where you want it and you'll have it.

Ice-Cream Sandwich would be the perfect operating system for the 'yet-to-be-perfect-phone', Nokia N9. This would make the phone perfect in all areas!

Unfortunately I don't have a N9, but I will definitely buy one if ICS can run on it! But that would mean Nokia get profit for your work, so I will also donate to e-yes too!

Also I've been looking at the specifications of the N9 and comparing it to similar Android phones. The Nokia N9 has the exact same chipset, processor and GPU as the Motorola Milestone 2, which can easily run Android 2.3. Furthermore a "CyanogenMod 9" (at xda-Developers) has been made for the Motorola Milestone 2, which can run Android 4.0.3 (Latest ICS as of today's date/time) smoothly.

If the Motorola Milestone 2 can run Android 4.0.3, then so should the N9 right? Of course, I'm sure there will be several difficulties (such as telephony etc.), as the Milestone's default OS is purely Android, whereas this is not the case for the Nokia.

However the Milestone 2 demonstrates that ICS will work with chipset, CPU, and GPU of the Nokia N9.

Of course though, I have no knowledge of porting or developing Android OS for Nokia or anything to be honest, but I'm just putting a point forward. No hate or anything of that nature intended.

P.S. I forgot to mention that ICS runs smoothly on Milestone 2 at 512MB RAM, wheras the N9 sports 1GB of RAM. ;D

Last edited by Hauzer; 2011-12-28 at 18:41.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
If at all possible..you can get ICS to run on the N9..but the old GPU on the N9(530) can be a problem..
Yes because Android OS sucks bigtime.

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Why not just buy an N9 then send it to him via FedEx?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Yes because Android OS sucks bigtime.
ICS runs buttery smooth on that Adreno 200 sucker, the SGX530 would never be problem at all. What the problem is in the N900 is the drivers, i.e. 3d GFX rendering is broken (heavy transitions in ICS) causes the slowness.

Can be fixed however, it's a matter of software, not hardware...but think of it as a problem close to the voice calling problem (you know what I mean) .

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
What about N950 users? Are they using the same drivers and chips as the N9?
e-yes, didn't Nokia gave you one?
We should find someone with a N950 so he can both test them

E-yes get your PayPal info on the thread so we can get you your n9.