Nokia N9 beats Samsung and HTC smartphones on customer satisfaction:

http://www.noknok.tv/2012/04/06/noki...-satisfaction/

Posts: 194 | Thanked: 127 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
Have you seen ex-Nokia Exec Tomia Honen's blog post on the subject. Compelling reading.

I particularly like the bit

the N9 (the smartphone running the new MeeGo OS) was universally loved in every single review published - in fact it has had the most positive reception of any Nokia phone ever released from the beginning of time, whether smart or dumb. It is the only phone, the N9, among any manufacturers since 2007 (when the iPhone launched), to be regularly rated either as good or indeed better than the contemporary iPhone. As for the N9 in October 2011 that was obviously the brand new hot iPhone 4S, that is truly amazing praise for the N9 and its MeeGo OS

It's a long post, but well worth the 20+ minutes to read. Here's the link http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...nd-growth.html

maybe with articles like this

http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/mimssbits/27703/

It wouldn't be so much pissing in your pants for warmth anywmore.

Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
Sure. Plan B is for Microsoft to take over Nokia, that was the plan all
That's plain stupid. What is MS going to do with all that hardware when their OS is dead? If Nokia (the Lumia series) goes down, so does WP and eventually MS. Elop is deadly honest when he say there is no plan B.

I'm tired of Nokia. Samsung/Tizen is on the run: http://www.sammobile.com/2012/04/12/...ning-on-tizen/

Originally Posted by specc View Post
That's plain stupid. What is MS going to do with all that hardware when their OS is dead? If Nokia (the Lumia series) goes down, so does WP and eventually MS. Elop is deadly honest when he say there is no plan B.

I'm tired of Nokia. Samsung/Tizen is on the run: http://www.sammobile.com/2012/04/12/...ning-on-tizen/
seeing some of the presenters at this conference, I think I will be getting into the Tizen thing. thp, the maliit guy, etc etc. As long as there is some control of device under the html5 top layer, I'm in. Admittedly I haven't researched it yet.

Presumably some of the maemo brain drain has gone to either intel meego or samsung tizen as well

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by specc View Post
Think about it... Microsoft will pump more MS Office license and XBOX derived revenue into Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, get at least a level of interoperability that is only afforded to those that are that (declining) world/ecosystem and declare it the next best thing since sliced bread and/or iOS or Android and use Nokia as their OEM.

As it stands, that's a very short term strategy, perhaps 18-22 months at most.

But what if that fails? Nokia kicks out Elop, Microsoft could very well oust Ballmer.

I'm waiting to see what really happens. Tizen will have to show me more than just HTML5 scores to keep my interest.

in the so-called post pc(mobile) era and the so-called cloud(virtualization) era microsoft is gonna have to give windows 8 for free. Windows OS revenue is decreasing anyway, office, sharepoint, exchange, xbox are all increasing.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Tizen will have to show me more than just HTML5 scores to keep my interest.
Kind of agree to that, but with Tizen there are some optimism.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Wow. What a depressing conversation thread. At least for Nokia. I am actually much more positive about this. I think that this was well predicted, and that is why MS is giving NOKIA money, because NOKIA knew that Symbian wither fast, with or without Elop announcement, and MS money will help in transition.

The strategic alliance is not thinking quarters here, but many years. The true NOKIA-MS device was just released in the US, and more will come in the next 24 months. NOKIA is going thru transition, and it is natural that they will go through a nadir. I dont think NOKIA will go bankrupt, I do believe that they will rebound and BE a viable third ecosystem

All of this clearly depends on how well two companies interact together. If they dig in and work hard together, they will be successful. However, if finger pointing begins for poor results, that will be a disaster. Current financial results do not therefore predict much, and I still think that MS and NOKIA control their fate. My 50 cents

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
inb4 misterc & danramos... 3... 2...1...

Tags
backdoors, buysomethinelse, danrantos, goodbye nokia, lumiadork, lumiaturd, nsa_cia_lumia, seasons in sun