Poll: Does your N900 have GPS problems?
Poll Options
Does your N900 have GPS problems?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by qhubekela View Post
This has zero relation to maemo-sec update guys.
Absolutely correct.
I had that behaviour for a long time before the security update on PR1.3 and of course also after the update (solved with supl.google.com).

But strange is, that my symbian phone does get a fast and realistic fix in seconds, with supl.nokia.com. So I assume supl.nokia.com works!?
Only difference to me seems on symbian we need GPRS (no WLAN possible). And on my N900 I only tried WLAN.

--edit
Tested these days also with GPRS on the N900. And there is no difference (to WLAN): you will be located in the geographic centre of the country you are in.
?

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2011-12-16 at 14:54.

just noticed my gps was not working after update.. changing to supl.google.com in network settings solved it. thank you

My N900 GPS was working fine it only takes 5 to 10 seconds to lock inside my house,but from 8 month it is not working now it takes more than 10 minutes to get a lock even if i stand on the roof.

Even I had a similar issue of gps not working. after changing to supl.google.com it locks down the position so accurately.

The Following User Says Thank You to srkkiran For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 34 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2011
Please put a-GPS supl from the server supl. Nokia. Com to supl. Google. Com

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hey fellow even the supl.google.com is not working
everything was ok before cssu latest updates

Now camera and pgs are not working sadly

My N900 GPS does connect to the satellite, and it gives a map of where I am presently located, but when I put in for the directions to a specific location it doesn't do anything, it just continues to keep showing a map of where I am going but where I want to get to?????