Oh and the lower res models 1300x700ish (so he won't need to tweak display resolution, then again, this comes as close to tweaking EMS/XMS etc from old days and IS a bonus in IT learning dept) are some 100$ lower, so might be worth checking out

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Oh and the lower res models 1300x700ish (so he won't need to tweak display resolution, then again, this comes as close to tweaking EMS/XMS etc from old days and IS a bonus in IT learning dept) are some 100$ lower, so might be worth checking out
Alrighty then, thank you

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Denmark
GTA IV might be old but from what I can read it's poorly coded and people are still having problems. He also mentioned that his brother plays BF3. Im not saying he will lag like crazy or play on 10 FPS constantly. Im saying he will most likely be above 30 fps 90% of the time. Also with a kid interrested in games like that, GTA and BF, newer versions will come soon and that PC wont be ready to run those smooth. However I still think you should buy it for him. He's 8 years old, he doesn't care about playing at max AA and stuff like that. It is definately a great laptop for it's price and it will run games very good at high quality. I was just raising concerns about your requirements for it, but it's not like you are gonna have problems with it, just don't think you found a crazy super deal with same specs as a 2000$ gaming rig. But speculating on the GFX card and some other specs I would say you found yourself a pretty good deal.

Okay, if it were to be me I know what to buy and where to buy
Anyway, thanks for your time, tomorrow hopefully will get it for him.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK LONDON
Make sure the laptop graphic card has Open Gl at least 1.4 or it wont run Minecraft!

Source: My little bro is playing it too on an old pc with xp and I cant playing on my high end vaio due to that....I felt so bad.
next: neo900

Android/iOS developer
ready for maemo coding competition 2016!

Last edited by andil; 2013-08-15 at 00:24.

Originally Posted by andil View Post
Make sure the laptop graphic card has Open Gl at least 1.4 or it wont run Minecraft!
k
Thanks!

K so here's a GTA IV test on a way lower spec HP Pavillion G6, except for the GPU I guess, anyhow, according to this I guess the new one can run it pretty well!

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
K so here's a GTA IV test on a way lower spec HP Pavillion G6, except for the GPU I guess, anyhow, according to this I guess the new one can run it pretty well!
Not really: Video: AMD RADEON HD 7640G + 7670M Duak Graphics. 1gb

This is comparable to Y500 with dual GPU setup, not a single one

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Not really: Video: AMD RADEON HD 7640G + 7670M Duak Graphics. 1gb

This is comparable to Y500 with dual GPU setup, not a single one
I saw it today in the store, turns out its GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M 2 GB, NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK?

In that case, look