Poll: Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?
Poll Options
Do you agree to recommend to talk.maemo.org admins that abill_uk should be permanently banned?

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I've ignored him in the past, but just because you ignore people's behaviour their effect is still visible to the rest of the community. On IRC, as a operator, I rarely ignore as the next step from an ignore by an operator is other community members complaining about the ignored person's behaviour.
Hi,

Thank you for concern on behalf of the forum. I suggest that you first make a request for disciplinary action directly to a forum moderator. If your request is or has been unanswered or denied by the moderator, then please return to indicate why you disagree with the decision.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
You have my vote, yes, its true, this sux but he is beyond repair.
If you want to see why i voted yes just look at his post history.

Last edited by Daneel; 2011-05-28 at 15:27.

And what is your contribution to MeeGo abill_uk? I'm honestly curious. If you think you can do better than Stskeeps, why don't you offer to help out instead of whining incessantly?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acidspunk For This Useful Post:
@Abill
It's not your intentions that are of annoyance. We all want to see Maemo being improved and someone to voice that is good. The problem is that the tone often used puts off those who might otherwise support the cause if posts were more polite. It's not just you but you've done some pretty silly things recently, which will prevent some from making contributions (including scripts, code & application s/w). Flame less and think more, please.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Hi,

Thank you for concern on behalf of the forum. I suggest that you first make a request for disciplinary action directly to a forum moderator. If your request is or has been unanswered or denied by the moderator, then please return to indicate why you disagree with the decision.
I believe in transparency and this is my way to do that as moderator requests are a hidden process. Time for a community wide discussion on this topic.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Hi,

I don't agree - this abill-case has a way too long history and way too many instances scattered all over the place, so a) it's hard to handle this with a normal request to the forum admins, and b) I bet there have been just enough of those in the last ~15 months

/j

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
@Abill
It's not your intentions that is of annoyance. We all want to see Maemo being improved and someone to voice that is good. The problem is that the tone often used puts off those who might otherwise support the cause if posts were more polite. It's not just you but you've done some pretty silly things recently, which will prevent some from making contributions (including scripts, code & application s/w). Flame less and think more, please.
The problem on here is you have got a cliche that stick together and have troubled me for many a month and never let up.

I always look at my options and if i were to develop it would have to be for Maemo as i have already stated in my Poll but i want the code released from Nokia before i do so because as a developer i could not work without it.

If i am banned then bang goes any work i would do for this Community so one way or the other it will take its course.

The biggest problem on here is MeeGo vs Maemo and why it allows talk of especially development for MeeGo on Maemo.org is baffling probably a lot of people.

Now we are seeing a situation that i could see some time back of Maemo vs Meego and this should not be.

stskeeps is a MeeGo head and should not be posting the way he does on a Maemo Community as it confuses a lot of people who simply do not know what will happen next.

I stand for the people and owners of the N900 and as it runs Maemo it is the best way forward.

Trying to get MeeGo to run on the N900 is undermining itself as the hardware is not good enough for Meego so that means it would have to be downgraded to even try and run on the N900.

So what is stskeeps doing on this forum? why is he not on MeeGo.com where he should be concentrating his efforts as this IS after all MAEMO.ORG and always will be !.

Totally bizzare situation and if it carries on like this then to be honest i am out of here anyhow.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I believe in transparency and this is my way to do that as moderator requests are a hidden process. Time for a community wide discussion on this topic.
I didn't say and didn't mean to imply that discussion should not continue. But if you want disciplinary action against a member who you think is abusing the forum, then there is a procedure already in place for you to utilize.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I didn't say and didn't mean to imply that discussion should not continue. But if you want disciplinary action against a member who you think is abusing the forum, then there is a procedure already in place for you to utilize.
He is just using his position to get what he wants, he does not follow procedure as he is obviously too angry too as said on my previous posts on here, anyhow enough from me you lot all get on with it and may the best side win hahahaha.

A long time back we had someone working for us who asked a very reasonable question of one of the managers.

He asked "How come everyone takes an instant dislike to me?"

The manager replied "It saves time."

Now I'm just saying but ....

Quote "If i am banned then bang goes any work i would do for this Community so one way or the other it will take its course."

I am struggling to see the downside here?

rgds

The Following User Says Thank You to uTMY For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread