Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Hi,

does someone perhaps know where contacts are stored on the N9
or can point me to an already existing answer?

There was a question and answer for the N900 but it does not help
on the N9.

Perhaps in /usr/bin . There are 2 files, one named contacts and the other contactsd . I can't open it from my N9 and don't have any Pc to try

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
http://blog.zx2c4.com/660 for vcard export
vcardconverter commandline for vcard inport

or look at

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...89#post1178189

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-19 at 13:08.

Originally Posted by guija45 View Post
Perhaps in /usr/bin . There are 2 files, one named contacts and the other contactsd . I can't open it from my N9 and don't have any Pc to try
Thanks, but these two files seem to be the binaries that handle contact
management. I already inspected them whith string(1) to find a hint where
the contacts might be stored but was not successful.

Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
http://blog.zx2c4.com/660 for vcard export
vcardconverter commandline for vcard inport

or look at

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...89#post1178189
Hi,

I should have mentined that I already exported my contacts
and found the vcf files that I can manually edit.
The problem is that when I import such an edited file, not all information
is imported, e.g. SIP information.

Update: by accident I noticed that SIP information is imported as separate contacts.
OK, this could be solved by merging contacts but is not very nice. I'd prefer to find
the location where contacts are stored and care for them manually...

Last edited by x6hank; 2012-03-19 at 13:42. Reason: Found more information

I would guess somewhere inside /home/user/.cache/tracker . I deleted everything in that folder and lost my contacts...

The Following User Says Thank You to glyph.se For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by glyph.se View Post
I would guess somewhere inside /home/user/.cache/tracker . I deleted everything in that folder and lost my contacts...
Thanks a lot!
There is a DB named meta.db which previous search-attempts with grep(1) did
not show because of access permissions.

This DB seems to include the contact information, still have to investigate it and
understand the schema...

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
~/.cache/tracker/meta.db it's just sqlite3 table.

This could potentially help me solve a problem that is fairly serious as far as my usage of the N9 is concerned. I have a Parrot MKi9200 car system and, with my old N8, it would sync and transfer the contacts perfectly, allowing me to use the voice commands and make hands-free calls from the car. However, the N9 doesn't sync contacts with the Parrot and I cannot, for the life of me, work out why. The Parrot forums don't offer an insight but I have found that, if I create a new contact / receive a contact then that contact WILL sync with the Parrot system and I can call the contact. Weird, and I have no way of explaining it other than this new contact (which isn't synced to my corporate Exchange account) must be saved somewhere else, meaning that the Parrot system can sync it. If anyone can elaborate on this / offer any explanation (and solution!) then that would be most appreciated. It's (almost) a deal breaker as I make a lot of calls from the car, and being able to just say the name, have the Parrot voice recognition system work with the sync'd contacts and make the call was something that I valued greatly while using my N8 / MKi9200 combination. With this, and the camera (OK, I know it's a good camera on the N9, but I DO miss the excellent unit on the N8...) I'm almost tempted to go back to my trusty N8. Almost...

Originally Posted by keefsloan View Post
This could potentially help me solve a problem that is fairly serious as far as my usage of the N9 is concerned. I have a Parrot MKi9200 car system and, with my old N8, it would sync and transfer the contacts perfectly, allowing me to use the voice commands and make hands-free calls from the car. However, the N9 doesn't sync contacts with the Parrot and I cannot, for the life of me, work out why. The Parrot forums don't offer an insight but I have found that, if I create a new contact / receive a contact then that contact WILL sync with the Parrot system and I can call the contact. Weird, and I have no way of explaining it other than this new contact (which isn't synced to my corporate Exchange account) must be saved somewhere else, meaning that the Parrot system can sync it. If anyone can elaborate on this / offer any explanation (and solution!) then that would be most appreciated. It's (almost) a deal breaker as I make a lot of calls from the car, and being able to just say the name, have the Parrot voice recognition system work with the sync'd contacts and make the call was something that I valued greatly while using my N8 / MKi9200 combination. With this, and the camera (OK, I know it's a good camera on the N9, but I DO miss the excellent unit on the N8...) I'm almost tempted to go back to my trusty N8. Almost...

do you ever solve the sync problem with the parrot and N9 ?