Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Sorry for my bad english.

Meant that the phone supports horizontal use only in camera mode (according to that mini-review).

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
One of the articles in HS also says that Jolla has raised their target to 1M sold phones during one year.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
One of the articles in HS also says that Jolla has raised their target to 1M sold phones during one year.
And that's blatantly false, Pienimäki (Jolla's CEO) said that their goal was to get 1 million devices with SailfishOS in the market next year, not necessarily made by them (Jolla).

Source: MTV livestream, from the press event.

EDIT: It seems only the news title is misleading in HS, I hate that this kind of title-naming policy has nowadays invaded our national newspaper .

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-11-27 at 18:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Also he said anything wont turn horizontal/portrait yet, so they haven't made sensor work yet?

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Sorry for my bad english.

Meant that the phone supports horizontal use only in camera mode (according to that mini-review).
erm... if my memory doesn't fail, the Jolla video suggests that in the photo galery you can switch to horizontal mode. Maybe it doesn't support horizontal mode in the same way the N9 doesn't [out of the box], in places like home/launcher/etc.? Anyway, further reviews will make it clearer. The most worrying point in that review is that the browser is buggy.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
The Other Half

E. I took the pic from here http://www.matkapuhelinfoorumi.fi/f6...post1058648473
That is the cardboard box. Not The Other Half

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Isn't Mail4Exchange planned but not available yet? I seem to recall they said that on Twitter. I might be wrong.
You can select it from Welcome screen as one of the application to install from Jolla Store.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 92 | Thanked: 238 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
And that's blatantly false, Pienimäki (Jolla's CEO) said that their goal was to get 1 million devices with SailfishOS in the market next year, not necessarily made by them (Jolla).

Source: MTV livestream, from the press event.
Yes, seems so. Article says that Jolla has raised target for their first phone, but then also quotes Pienimäki correctly (1M phones with Jolla's Sailfish OS).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JiiHoo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JiiHoo View Post
Yes, seems so. Article says that Jolla has raised target for their first phone, but then also quotes Pienimäki correctly (1M phones with Jolla's Sailfish OS).
Yeah, I just edited my post.

Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
I'm really waiting for Sailfish-tablet...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red