There is a bloke in Edinburgh selling what appears to be a mint N900 ( the photo shows it still has the factory screen protector ) for £140 on gumtree...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
vi_: there are still mint n900s out there, but are becoming more and more rare. If there is a factory that still has the line set to produce 10000 more, I would feel safer than spending days fishing on ebaylike sites, going through second hand stores

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Old Abe View Post
bingomion,

How did the Chinese models turn out? Anything off about them? I would appreciate your observations. I have been very curious about the HongKong N900's.

Thanks,

Abe
Remember that the n900 didn't launch in Hong Kong until a full year after the official launch, so yeah, they have real n900s. However, many cell phones out of Asian get their real accessories (sometimes even component internals) swapped out because dealers there can resell the original parts for much more than they can generics. It's hit and miss whether you are going to get all original n900 accessories and/or batteries, but if you are getting a replacement or don't mind buying the better scud batter anyways, then you are pretty much good. If you get a lower quality battery, you can use that as your spare and not feel bad about not charging it as regularly as your main(s).

Currently, I am waiting on a supposedly new N900 that I ordered from one of those crummy phone shops in the city. The guy stated emphatically that it was 100% genuine after I voiced my concern with the countless refurbs/HongKong stuff on the market.

Have been calling him every few days to find out updates on it. He absolutely bluffed about how quickly he could obtain one. It has been two weeks and only today did the item ship out from his "supplier" and on its way to him. I'm livid as I made fast shipping a stipulation of the sell and payed $75 for overnight delivery. Yes, I prepayed for the phone as it was the only way he would order it. I wasn't fooled. I really had zero confidence in the guy but I also wanted a new N900. I'm going to lose my patience with him if anything whatsoever is off about the item.

In other news, I think I tracked down a new N900 in Toronto. If it turns out to be new I will buy that one too.

I may be late to the party (having only obtained an N900 a month ago) but the little machine has really helped in my day to day work.

Yours truly,

Abe

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
hey Abe,
i'm not sure if you received my PM's but last time i checked, the N900's i told you about were still available. in case you need help in sourcing one i'll drop by the shops to see if they're still there.

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Or you can buy it off ebay from a reputable seller. In fact, there's one that has great ratings right now out of Hong Kong. I've been watching, so I've seen the seller regularly posting n900s on ebay. Free shipping if you don't mind the wait to boot. NEW-Nokia-N900-3G-32GB-WIFI-GPS-5MP-QWERTY-SmartPhone

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the seller, just mentioning that I've seen the name regularly on the n900 sales.

Originally Posted by vetsin View Post
hey Abe,
i'm not sure if you received my PM's but last time i checked, the N900's i told you about were still available. in case you need help in sourcing one i'll drop by the shops to see if they're still there.
Vetsin,

Thank you very much for your offer. I appreciate the time you have put into it. I may indeed order one through you if both of these deals fall through. Finding anything in Canada is difficult. Generally, one pays more for less here.

I would order through Amazon but none of the suppliers will ship to Canada (no surprise there) and I generally boycott PayPal (they treated me really badly on more than one occasion) which is sad because that virtually discontinued my eBay days.

Thanks again,

Abe

P.S. I have been working on a couple of "apps" for the N900 that I intended for personal use but I may release one if I find some time. Anything you guys might be interested in having along the lines of security? I realize that for the most port you just need to port tools over but if you have any creative ideas I am open.

I'm also thinking about buying a N900

But i'm Not 100% Säure if this is the correct device for me

I'm loving a HW Keyboard and a this kind of Webbrowser and this Kind of Multitasking (awesome)

But i'm Not sure if the App store is enough for me. I'm not an appjunkie, but i Need a Good Twitter App, a Navigation App. would be nice. But not neccassary. A Good rss Reader is a Must and also a Video Streaming App.

Another Doubt is the Performance. I Hope the n900 is nice to use in Daily Life

I would Pay 140€ for a nearly newone

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by blumma View Post
I'm also thinking about buying a N900

But i'm Not 100% Säure if this is the correct device for me

I'm loving a HW Keyboard and a this kind of Webbrowser and this Kind of Multitasking (awesome)

But i'm Not sure if the App store is enough for me. I'm not an appjunkie, but i Need a Good Twitter App, a Navigation App. would be nice. But not neccassary. A Good rss Reader is a Must and also a Video Streaming App.

Another Doubt is the Performance. I Hope the n900 is nice to use in Daily Life

I would Pay 140€ for a nearly newone
HW Keyboard

rss Reader

Video Streaming

Twitter App

Navigation App

all what you mentioned n900 does very well and fulfill your need 100%

or allow me to say.........."N900 is a perfact mobile for you."

trust me......

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Haha that Sounds great

But how "freaky" is it to think about buying a Smartphone which is more than 2 years old ?

I think thats the only device.