Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
Well Guys, I am able to flash the fiasco image. But when trying to do with the eMMC, N900 keeps on restarting again and again while the flasher is still waiting to find a USB device connected.
I tried many times but no use. I even removed the battery, then done again, and still it creates a problem. Therefore I need some help on how to flash the eMMC.
and you flashed the fiasco with what flags?(did you use -R)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
Well Guys, I am able to flash the fiasco image. But when trying to do with the eMMC, N900 keeps on restarting again and again while the flasher is still waiting to find a USB device connected.
I tried many times but no use. I even removed the battery, then done again, and still it creates a problem. Therefore I need some help on how to flash the eMMC.
Actually, I am having the exact same issue... fiasco image was done properly. But at eMMC flashing, N900 reboots by itself after the comand prompt tells you "Booting device into flash mode. Suitable USB device not found, waiting"

I did flash the fiasco with -R lately, I'm gonna retry without the -R

No... still the same thing happening. Flashed the fiasco image without the -R tag this time, was succesful. Then when I came in to type

flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

it founds my device RX-51, then
"Booting device into flash mode.
Suitable USB device not found, waiting"

When it says its booting device into flash mode, my N900 actually restarts, ignored my finger pressed on U, and goes on to attempt to boot normally, but get stuck at the loading bar...while the command prompt stays there waiting for a suitable usb device... help?

Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post
No... still the same thing happening. Flashed the fiasco image without the -R tag this time, was succesful. Then when I came in to type

When it says its booting device into flash mode, my N900 actually restarts, ignored my finger pressed on U, and goes on to attempt to boot normally, but get stuck at the loading bar...while the command prompt stays there waiting for a suitable usb device... help?
Do not touch the device anymore after flashing the fiasco image. Flash the fiasco image and as soon as that is done enter the command to flash the eMMC. You don't have to press u to flash the eMMC.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ayle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by IsaacDFP View Post

first flash the fiasco image PR 1.2 without the -R at the end and do the same with eMMC :
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

after this the phone seems to hang.............
i remove the battery and reinsert et voilà !

you must flash first fiasco image and then eMMC without reboot your phone and without unplug usb cable from pc

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland
1. Downloaded (http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php)
• flasher-3.5.exe
(http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d....5_2.5.2.2.exe)
• RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
(http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N...ED_MR0_ARM.bin)
• RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
(http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N...MC_MR0_ARM.bin)

2. I installed the "flasher-3.5.exe"
3. I then moved
"RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin"
"RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin"
To the directory where I installed the flasher (Default is C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5).
4. I then done a full backup of my N900 using the backup tool on the phone and moved all my stuff on to the memory card.
5. Ensure the battery is at least half full.
6. Unplug charger cable and switch off the device.
7. Open the Command Prompt (Start then Run or Windows Logo key + R) and type "cmd" then press Enter (this will open a black window).
8. Change the directory to the Flasher's path by typing in "cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5"
9. Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time.
10. Run the following command by typing:
"flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f"

After this completes

11. Run the following command by typing:
"flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R"

The flash will take around 1 minute after which the device will reboot.
The bright Nokia screen will come up on the screen with the USB icon on the top right followed by progression dots with yellow LED blinking for a few seconds
And you’re done. Welcome to the world on 1.2

The Following User Says Thank You to pabloniss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gft2k1 View Post
after this the phone seems to hang.............
i remove the battery and reinsert et voilà !
it doesn't hang. what about try waiting a while?

or actually it hangs before mounting /opt etc in order to make eMMC reflash possible...
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by pabloniss View Post
1. Downloaded (http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php)
• flasher-3.5.exe
(http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d....5_2.5.2.2.exe)
• RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin
(http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N...ED_MR0_ARM.bin)
• RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin
(http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N...MC_MR0_ARM.bin)

2. I installed the "flasher-3.5.exe"
3. I then moved
"RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin"
"RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin"
To the directory where I installed the flasher (Default is C:\Program Files\maemo\flasher-3.5).
4. I then done a full backup of my N900 using the backup tool on the phone and moved all my stuff on to the memory card.
5. Ensure the battery is at least half full.
6. Unplug charger cable and switch off the device.
7. Open the Command Prompt (Start then Run or Windows Logo key + R) and type "cmd" then press Enter (this will open a black window).
8. Change the directory to the Flasher's path by typing in "cd "%ProgramFiles%\maemo\flasher-3.5"
9. Hold the u key on the device keyboard and connect the USB cable at the same time.
10. Run the following command by typing:
"flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f"

After this completes

11. Run the following command by typing:
"flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R"

The flash will take around 1 minute after which the device will reboot.
The bright Nokia screen will come up on the screen with the USB icon on the top right followed by progression dots with yellow LED blinking for a few seconds
And you’re done. Welcome to the world on 1.2
Flashing the eMMC in the N900
When flashing the eMMC content, always flash the FIASCO/Rootfs image first, then the eMMC. Do not boot up the device between the two i.e do NOT use the -R parameter at the end!

Flasing the eMMC resets the MyDocs folder contents to factory settings. N900 users don't need to reflash the eMMC of their device. If you are reading this it's probably because you got a pre-production device e.g. in the Maemo Summit. If you have a sales unit and you have problems with your eMMC you should contact Nokia Care.

Also note that any backups created in your MyDocs area will need to be copied off the device to be safe across an eMMC flash as the MyDocs area and other partitions on /dev/mmcblk0 will be erased.

Note that the eMMC images available do not contain pre-loaded maps. If you reflash your eMMC you will lose them (the Maps application will work as usual but you will need to download the maps needed).

In order to flash the eMMC, follow these steps:

•Fully charge the battery (IMPORTANT!!)
•Install Flasher for your OS (Linux, Mac OS X or MS Windows)
•Flash the FIASCO/rootfs image first using the above commands, WITHOUT the -R at the end of the command, keep the device plugged in after flashing.
•Grab the Vanilla eMMC image (.bin file) from the Nokia repository
•Navigate to the directory where the image file was saved (Windows users: if you don't know the full path to the image, copy it to the flasher directory)
•Execute the following command (in Linux you have to be root!):
•Windows
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f

The Following User Says Thank You to gft2k1 For This Useful Post: