Active Topics

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
Do you have ASUI or use alarms? If you don't use alarms you can try turning off the alarmd service so it doesn't start at boot. It is most likely a problem with ASUI's interaction with alarmd, assuming you have both running.
Yes, I am running ASUI, but not using alarms (using FlipClock for waking up, don't know if that counts?).

Yesterday did an "upgrade to latest testing version", but did not reboot N800 afterwards, so I don't know if that helped, but will see these days...

Originally Posted by siny View Post
Yes, I am running ASUI, but not using alarms (using FlipClock for waking up, don't know if that counts?).
I don't know if flipclock uses alarmd or not. You could try unchecking and stopping alarmd in asui-settings:Services and then set a test alarm in flipclock to see if it still works.

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
I don't know if flipclock uses alarmd or not. You could try unchecking and stopping alarmd in asui-settings:Services and then set a test alarm in flipclock to see if it still works.
I am going on a vacation tomorrow, so will have plenty of time to experiment, and won't need waking up on time so will try turning off alarmd.

Btw, my n800 rebooted for no reason this morning while I was sleeping. When I woke up, uptime was 21 minutes

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
old battery perhaps? There is a known bug in the BME that results in a crash on sudden voltage drops (or something like that). And a BME crash results in a instant lifeguard initiated reboot.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
I have it for a month or two. Usually while connected to charger.

I have another issue which might be related to the fuse.ko one solved earlier. I have a script that does insmod cifs.ko and then mount.cifs so I can connect to my router's hard drive (similar to the sequence described here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Accessing_Windows_CIFS though from memory I'm using files supplied by Qole).

However, with Diablo-Turbo installed I get a complaint that cifs.ko is already loaded (which appears to be true) and the mount.cifs command produces a seg fault.

Any thoughts on replacements for these files, or other methods of doing things? Wizard Mounter doesn't work for this particular router drive.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by alexc View Post
I have another issue which might be related to the fuse.ko one solved earlier. I have a script that does insmod cifs.ko and then mount.cifs so I can connect to my router's hard drive (similar to the sequence described here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Accessing_Windows_CIFS though from memory I'm using files supplied by Qole).

However, with Diablo-Turbo installed I get a complaint that cifs.ko is already loaded (which appears to be true) and the mount.cifs command produces a seg fault.

Any thoughts on replacements for these files, or other methods of doing things? Wizard Mounter doesn't work for this particular router drive.
It is not related to fuse.ko, since cifs is a diferent kernel module, but the problem is the same.
The solution should be the same, using a cifs.ko module built for the DT kernel.
I'll build one tomorrow if I possible.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
It is not related to fuse.ko, since cifs is a diferent kernel module, but the problem is the same.
The solution should be the same, using a cifs.ko module built for the DT kernel.
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant by 'related to'. A new cifs.ko would be great, thank you. Do you think there are any other kernel modules that might be necessary with the N810 in the future?

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ On the wasatch front, UT USA
Originally Posted by maacruz View Post

I'm with alexc in that I have had some issues with fuse, cifs, and nfs modules after installing diablo turbo. Really I usually drop files and such on to my n800 from a linux pc not the other way around so I have not noticed the problem till now. The other day I ran some old scripts to sshfs to my home server and they failed with a call for me to modprobe fuse. I made sure I was up to date on all the diablo turbo stuff and I couldn't find any old fuse modules laying around but I honestly don't know where to look. Unfortunately modprobe resulted in this:

Code:
# modprobe fuse
modprobe: cannot parse modules.dep
Code:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/fuse.ko 
insmod: cannot insert '/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/fuse.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory
I may have screwed this (modprobe) up else where but it seems like I should at least be able to get the fuse module loaded with insmod. . . If it matters it looks like I'm running the March 13th kernel.

Otherwise I am enjoying diablo turbo.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Originally Posted by salinmooch View Post
I'm with alexc in that I have had some issues with fuse, cifs, and nfs modules after installing diablo turbo. Really I usually drop files and such on to my n800 from a linux pc not the other way around so I have not noticed the problem till now. The other day I ran some old scripts to sshfs to my home server and they failed with a call for me to modprobe fuse. I made sure I was up to date on all the diablo turbo stuff and I couldn't find any old fuse modules laying around but I honestly don't know where to look. Unfortunately modprobe resulted in this:

Code:
# modprobe fuse
modprobe: cannot parse modules.dep
Code:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/fuse.ko 
insmod: cannot insert '/lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/fuse.ko': Unknown symbol in module (-1): No such file or directory
I may have screwed this (modprobe) up else where but it seems like I should at least be able to get the fuse module loaded with insmod. . . If it matters it looks like I'm running the March 13th kernel.

Otherwise I am enjoying diablo turbo.
DT fuse module is /lib/modules/2.6.21-omap1/extra/fuse.ko
If you have any other fuse module you should remove it.
modprobe doesn't work in diablo because it lacks depmod, so there is no modules.dep database (to save space I guess)

Tags
chinook, diablo, new life, os2008