Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
The 3-4 week thing is just a copy+paste from the FAQ. Basically, they are telling you that from the moment that you pay, in 3-4 weeks you'll get the device. They said [in diaspora] that that was a very pessimistic estimate, which is cool, except for the ones that like a precise date and time :-)
Maybe they wait for the bug reports of the first users and the devices wait for a new sailfish version for flashing. Who knows...

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
Definitely not. Flash 450 devices is one thing, flash 5000 devices(or perhaps 20000? We don't know) is much different.

Please don't, I don't mind with over the air updates :-)

They also did mention that they flashed the first 450 manually but that the remainder would come flashed from factory as they would have the latest version, presumably the same as the first 450.

My guess is that most of the batch wasn't manufactured until the money started to roll in. On the other hand, 3-4 weeks seems like a rather short time to get the phones built in China and distributed to end consumers in Europe.

The Following User Says Thank You to evk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Hmm - their recent "we are working on serving all pre-orders ..." seems rather convoluted and evasive to me. And is dramatically different from the claim on 27th

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
yeah, it seems the wording of those replies changes quite often, and stays quite unclear most of the time...

Well, at the moment they are still within their "3-4 Weeks" from the shop/FAQ, so I guess we'll just have to wait a bit more. But the unclear statements from JollaHQ don't make this any easier...

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

It would be interesting to know whether DNA shops in Finland already have the device on the shelves.

Someone in a Finnish forum says he got a tracking number. He may be lying. Don't know.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Someone in a Finnish forum says he got a tracking number. He may be lying. Don't know.
He was lying...what he meant was the tracking code for the t-shirt.

lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to inffy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
I hope they have Jolla representants at the china factory when manufactor the devices? This is to make sure manufactors don't cheat and replace with lower quality than Jolla chooses.

Because I really don't trust those factorys. Especially don't if you are a small company. They often try to save money in the end...