Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Yeah it has been said in the thread several times already.

i could only find where it says delete all the related files and re install. this didn't work for me, is there another solution that i missed?

error old_version

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
@Scorpius

There is an irritating issue with Yappari's connection detection; when a connection is lost momentarily, Yappari gets disconnected from the server, however, Yappari does not notice the disconnection and still shows "Logged in" but the messages are marked with a grey check mark.

I do remember this problem being reported and your response was that the problem is due to how qt manages the connections. Nevertheless, It would be much appreciated if you would look into the problem.

Your work is still much appreciated though, keep it up.

mlwane

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Ast007 View Post
i could only find where it says delete all the related files and re install. this didn't work for me, is there another solution that i missed?

error old_version
WhatsApp changed something in their registration mechanism, you will have to wait until Scorpius fixes it.

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Yes I'm gonna fix it, though it usually takes time.

The Following User Says Thank You to mlwane For This Useful Post:
oh i just saw that now...thanks.

Last edited by Ast007; 2013-07-19 at 10:11.

Hey Scorpius

I was just wondering if the portrait mode could be adjusted

you know .. I'm using Forced Portrait Mode in CSSU & it's supporting the chat box only.

I was asking if there's anything could be done for the Contact list in Yappari it will be awesome

thanx a lot for you efforts bro !

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
@sifo, are you a current user of the Java Whatsapp port? This release is only for people that have been using the Java port successfully.

@imo, you need to be a current user of the Java Whatsapp port. I don't think you need the dependencies there should be already installed on the phone, I put it there just in case.

Yappari is a native application (90% Qt, 10% GLIB) so you shouldn't need anything else.
I got Yappari working without the java port. What wasnt working for me was the registration process. After fiddling around with different things (including the java port). I first found Yowsup and then this web based interface for it.

http://whitesoft.dyndns.org:2222/whatsapp_sms

registered my number on it, got the confirmation text, and just entered that into yappari.

The Following User Says Thank You to hassun For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ast007 View Post

error old_version
Hey dude,
I was facing the same problem, just get the registration 6 digit sms from here http://whitesoft.dyndns.org:2222/whatsapp_sms

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
I can't believe people still think you need the Java port to make Yappari work. It was like that more than a year ago.

Anyway that website looks useful until I fix the registration AGAIN...

Originally Posted by hassun View Post
I got Yappari working without the java port. What wasnt working for me was the registration process. After fiddling around with different things (including the java port). I first found Yowsup and then this web based interface for it.

http://whitesoft.dyndns.org:2222/whatsapp_sms

registered my number on it, got the confirmation text, and just entered that into yappari.

Ive done it twice now and got no sms. have to wait 3 hours now.
#1 Nokia N900 Feb- 2011 - June - 2013 (Dead motherboard)
#2 Nokia N900 July-2013 (CSSU Stable) - Present
#3 Nokia N900 April-2014 (CSSU Thumb) - Present

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp