Notices

sorry for late reply post lol, family matters had me busy the last few days, these screenies are like 15mins after starting

changed alot since these, but running into problems making the theme use my icons instead of defaults, i think ive nearly got it, fixed the media player background to doesnt look right in screenie, now as well im trying to make the little animation icon when loading app manager to a running chocobo

Last edited by xFinal; 2010-03-29 at 15:48.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xFinal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Manchester, UK
they look ace! when will these be available to us with no knowledge of x terminal (me, always been a DOS/windows guy)

Nice work.
Looking forward to install your theme.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
are you editing a copy of the theme template or are you just hacking away at the default themes files?

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by xFinal View Post
sorry for late reply post lol, family matters had me busy the last few days, these screenies are like 15mins after starting

changed alot since these, but running into problems making the theme use my icons instead of defaults, i think ive nearly got it, fixed the media player background to doesnt look right in screenie, now as well im trying to make the little animation icon when loading app manager to a running chocobo
i'm really liking what you've done so far and will be looking forward to seeing the final version.
hope you'll be making this available to download

i tried downloading MADDE but even following the instructions i had no idea what i was doing at all so i think i'll leave the theme making to all the skillful people that have a clue lol

there's some really nice themes coming from this community

keep it up guys

That's a great looking theme, Can we have one based on a good FF game though? VII, VIII, IX or X please?. Thanks!

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Post the god damn reference screenshots if you want something besides wallpapers, lockscreen, appmgr/mediaplayer backgrounds.

Also, you might want to add a rectangular darkened area to the backgrounds as they are currently obscuring the text and the icons.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
are you editing a copy of the theme template or are you just hacking away at the default themes files?
well i bascially copied the alpha theme off my phone and started replacing images changing paths in files and stuff, im still not 100% what im doing xD"""

as for the wallpapers and stuff like i said this was about 15mins in, the backgrounds need a good tuneup when you scroll u can see the meeting points, doesnt merge smooth and plus the text as mentioned. plus changed the task manager icons as well now didnt like the one here. slowly getting there.

and again lol as for installing i did a post somewhere, tryin to find out how to make it a .deb file within my phone since my pc doesnt want to emulate linux in any way via madde/theme maker etc.

once ive sorted all that ill try and post a file, but atm changed a few paths and my menus went to looking like windows 3.11 xD" so changed that back......

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
thanks i demand one
thanks i demand you learn some morals and beg next time

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by xFinal View Post
well i bascially copied the alpha theme off my phone and started replacing images changing paths in files and stuff, im still not 100% what im doing xD"""

as for the wallpapers and stuff like i said this was about 15mins in, the backgrounds need a good tuneup when you scroll u can see the meeting points, doesnt merge smooth and plus the text as mentioned. plus changed the task manager icons as well now didnt like the one here. slowly getting there.

and again lol as for installing i did a post somewhere, tryin to find out how to make it a .deb file within my phone since my pc doesnt want to emulate linux in any way via madde/theme maker etc.

once ive sorted all that ill try and post a file, but atm changed a few paths and my menus went to looking like windows 3.11 xD" so changed that back......

Just modifying Alpha theme will never give you a good theme, on top of that they are a hassle to package and on top of that you will have to modify every file because the files in the Alpha folder are copy written by nokia. So you can't leave any part of the theme intact and be able to release it to other people. I suggest starting over with MADDE or you are just wasting your time.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Tags
fremantle, i demand a tag, theme request, worst thread ever, yes master