Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
The spinning gesture should be made to work identically to "pinch-to-zoom" on Maemo 6. That way, applications will zoom consistently without modification between Maemo 5 and 6.
Yeah, very good point.

Contrary to solution #1, I really think it should work everywhere, be it only for the benefit of people with a weaker vision (think slightly older, say 50-65; that's an age bracket where you find high-level executives that can get the budget for an expensive device approved...).

Originally Posted by lmamane View Post
Contrary to solution #1, I really think it should work everywhere, be it only for the benefit of people with a weaker vision (think slightly older, say 50-65; that's an age bracket where you find high-level executives that can get the budget for an expensive device approved...).
Having a general zoom functionality (schould it be rezizing of fonts or zooming in a lower level) would be an important stop towards accessibility. With the exception of the Browser, Maemo 5 is not usable for many people with (even light) visual impairments. Since I am in the "happy" position to be one of those poeple (need a huge magnifying glass for the description Text in application manager) I would be VERRY THANKFUL for a solution. The zoom function of compiz on PCs is a great exsample how this can work.

Originally Posted by lmamane View Post
Contrary to solution #1, I really think it should work everywhere...

Disagree, I don't want it in paint-like apps

Originally Posted by sph View Post
It'd likely be optional in developer built apps anyway. But it'd be nice to see it standard across Nokia apps (email, RSS feed reader, etc..)

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

this is a great feature i have seen it on iphone very useful

Originally Posted by sph View Post
Yup, having this in a paint app could occasionally result in a mess.

BTW, I hope this will be available in maemo since you can't zoom wit one hand unless you're superman.

"Pinch zooming" is a gimmick on cellphones anyway and it's copied from microsoft that proposed it for larger displays.