Hi,

I've been here for a few days only. I've got problems accessing the site.

1. Whenever I try to log in, I always get a "Username or password is invalid." In the beginning I thought "strange, I believe this was the password I used," upon which I promptly requested a mail to enable changing the password. Well after a couple of times of doing this, I begin to suspect it's got more to do with the site. Why? Well, despite the error message, as I clicked on the tab "Talk" I was suddenly inside and my username was up there in orange text and all. Can anyone explain this?

2. Even though I can access the "Talk" tab I cannot access the other tabs. So I'm logged into the site, can post, but only in the talk section. Any explanation for this?

Sorry if this has been answered in the FAQ or noob sections. I read them but cannot recall anything relating to my problems. The info may of course still exist. As for searching on the subject, I get far too many hits (275-500, depending on the search words), so this is my last resort.

Thank you.

Five bucks says you didn't stick to all-lowercase in your username. Give that a try.

The Talk login is separate from the maemo.org account. You need to create accounts both places, and then you can link them from your maemo.org account.

The powers that be are aware this is sub-optimal and there's a single signon task being worked on.

The Following User Says Thank You to JosefA For This Useful Post:
I wouldn't bet against you on the five bucks, of course. I couldn't find how to change my username in the control panel. Under which heading would that be?

Thanks for your clarification about the accounts. If I now establish a new user name in the other profiles (all lower case, same name), without either changing my username to all lower-case or re-registering in the talk section, can I still link the secitions, or do the usernames have to be identical in terms of lower/upper case?

Excellent that the powers that be are informed, as I assume even less tech savvy N900 users than myself are going to be joining this community.

Last edited by Gadgety; 2009-11-12 at 10:39.

I am under the impression that username cannot be changed (happy to stand correected though). However, if I recall correctly you can just go ahead and register another account with a lowercased username against the same e-amil address. I seem to recall that I did that without any complaints from the maemo.org system.

And no, the username on maemo.org and t.m.o don't have to be the same. There's a field you get when you edit your profile called "talk.maemo.org account url" and you can just paste the link to your t.m.o account there and that's how the accounts are linked.

The Following User Says Thank You to JosefA For This Useful Post: