Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Hi
I wonder how to unlock the nokia n9?

Can you elaborate a little more with your meaning of "unlock the n9"?

Do you mean double tapping the screen/pressing the power button, carrier unlock or some software hack ie jailbreak?

Posts: 476 | Thanked: 438 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
sorry i mean carrier unlock
Only change the firmware?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by robin92 View Post
sorry i mean carrier unlock
Only change the firmware?
Yes.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=79491
http://wiki.maemo.org/Flashing_N9

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
That is carrier de-branding...I dont think unlocking a phone that has been locked by a carrier is possible...

Read: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82693

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Yes, there is no way to unlock carrier simlocked device other than ask your carrier unlock it for you. Usually they will help you after paying some penalty/unlock fee.

If its not simlocked, then reflashing custom carrier varients to 001 vanilla is possible, but if its locked then it will fail.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sinha View Post
Hi if you want to unlock your Nokia N9 from network carrier .Then visit Theunlockspot.com here they ask you the network name to which your mobile is locked and the IMEI number of your mobile .Then at last they deliver you code to unlock your mobile.
and that will not work, as you cannot enter #pw in N9 gui.... (try pressing * 4 times quickly and you will never see w-letter)
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
and that will not work, as you cannot enter #pw in N9 gui.... (try pressing * 4 times quickly and you will never see w-letter)
Quick reply...
Run Android on N9 to get gui which can enter #pw?

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
But to run android you need to flash open mode (dual-boot) kernel; is that possible on a simlocked n9?

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
But to run android you need to flash open mode (dual-boot) kernel; is that possible on a simlocked n9?
as I know with simlocked that still imposible!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thorvic777 For This Useful Post: