Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
romaxa from garage.maemo.org and oleg.romashin, they'r one and the same person?

The Following User Says Thank You to wow23 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Sevastopol, Cremea, Ukraine
so, romaxa = oleg.romashin )

He would be glad to open all the source code of microb, because there is no any unusual things, but he's need permission of legal team from nokia, but they're not very glad people as he and they need reason to open sources..bg..

sorry for my bad english ))

so, as he said, we can try to compile microb-eal and libgtkmozembed on the last mozilla-central sources

Last edited by wow23; 2012-03-02 at 20:52.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wow23 For This Useful Post:
Actually maps, chats UI-s should work because it is mostly using EAL interface.... problem could be with maps plugin, which IIRC works only with XPCOM->NPAPI proxy, and IIRC it was dropped long time ago from gecko due to NPRUNTIME advantages.

Flashplugin should work, Maemo5 ImageRendering API still in mozilla trunk and used in Maemo6.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to romaxa For This Useful Post:
From other side, I'm made recently new IPC embedding based on mozilla-central source code. which is actually very nice alternative to MicroB IPC stack and Webkit2 IPC stack.
This IPC embedding is basically mix of Fennec(Chromium IPC approach) but without XUL/XPCOM/Gecko on UI side, and easily embeddable into any toolkit, Qt or GTK.
On N9 I have 60FPS scrolling + ~30% CPU free for simple scrolling zooming operations with Simple QML UI.
I guess if it is compiled on Maemo5 it should be not much slower.
Also Flash works/WebGL/CSS3/3D/ et.c
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Embedding/IPCLiteAPI - here is a bit more info.

Probably someday I'll find time and make build for Maemo5.

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to romaxa For This Useful Post:
All sounds great Romaxa, thanks for sharing on here. As for open sourcing MicroB's UI, it would be great too, it's good to know there isn't a technological reason not to, but the legal department is always the obstacle.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dead1nside For This Useful Post:
The Corporate Lawyer is one of the inventions on my personal list of things the world would be better off without

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romaxa View Post
From other side, I'm made recently new IPC embedding based on mozilla-central source code. which is actually very nice alternative to MicroB IPC stack and Webkit2 IPC stack.
This IPC embedding is basically mix of Fennec(Chromium IPC approach) but without XUL/XPCOM/Gecko on UI side, and easily embeddable into any toolkit, Qt or GTK.
On N9 I have 60FPS scrolling + ~30% CPU free for simple scrolling zooming operations with Simple QML UI.

In the days when everyone is concentrating on N9 these words are very much appreciated. Hardly anyone now provides maemo4 build together with fremantle, yet some n800 enthusiasts still persist. Hope you will find a spare second to build for 5 (assuming this is just starting SB2 and 'make' and not a full rebuild story with all libs incompatible).

Thanks in advance!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
I'm hoping to see more opened packages of MaemoBrowser.

Meanwhile I tested how to uninstall every package relating MaemoBrowser.

Packages are mostly depending on each other, and only 'external' package connected these were hildon-home, which use osso-bookmark-engine.

Code:
#Install hildon-home which is compiled without osso-bookmarks
wget http://cc.oulu.fi/~rantalai/maemo/freemantle/hildon-home_0.3.70-1+0m5_armel.deb
dpkg -i hildon-home_0.3.70-1+0m5_armel.deb
Code:
#remove packages
apt-get remove --purge browser-neteal osso-browser \
tablet-bookmark-manager \
tablet-browser-controls \
tablet-browser-daemon \
tablet-browser-default-plugin \
tablet-browser-dialogs \
tablet-browser-mediaplayer-plugin \
tablet-browser-ui \
tablet-browser-view \
tablet-browser-widgets \
osso-bookmark-engine \
tablet-browser-bookmarks-mr0

#purge should handle this...
rm /etc/X11/Xsession.post/30tablet-browser-daemon
Caution: even with --purge there might be some start script which needs manually be deleted. Remember this:
flasher-3.5 --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset

Additionally it will remove rtcom-messaging-ui and tutorial-home-applet.

I started wikipage for this:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Fremantle_clos...s/MaemoBrowser

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
I tested this one.

Maemo5 have only cairo 1.8.8, but 'cairo >= 1.10' needed. I got it configured (with risk)
configure:
-CAIRO_VERSION=1.10
+CAIRO_VERSION=1.8

And because our cairo aren't compiled with 'tee' (without more knowledge about this)
mozconfig:
-ac_add_options --enable-system-cairo
+ac_add_options --disable-system-cairo

And then I hit on the error:
ipclite/mozilla-central/gfx/skia/src/opts/SkBlitRow_opts_arm.cpp:780: error: fp cannot be used in asm here
(seems this has nothing to do with cairo)

I tested on scratchbox1 and followed 'Build instructions'.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AapoRantalainen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan

I just wish somebody would implement the swirl to zoom like the and other gestures that a person can do in microB! Those are the best features in MicroB imo and what makes me use it as the default browser...

The Following User Says Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post: