Active Topics

Originally Posted by dkormalev View Post
If you mean this one - http://store.ovi.com/content/221735, when I'm the author. Sometimes same ideas come to different minds, sorry for it. I think we even started development at same day (less or more). I've started at Nov, 14.
Yes, that's the one. No need to apologise - it's quite a coincidence (the name was just the first thing that came to my mind). I have been quite busy in the past month so I haven't really been developing it steadily (I think i started some time in early November).

Changing the name of this implementation would still be the best choice due to package name collisions and other things. Out of curiosity: which namespace in gconf are you using for the settings (I am currently using /apps/CalendarFeed) and I should make sure that they don't collide.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Rybinsk, Russia
Originally Posted by chillip View Post
Changing the name of this implementation would still be the best choice due to package name collisions and other things. Out of curiosity: which namespace in gconf are you using for the settings (I am currently using /apps/CalendarFeed) and I should make sure that they don't collide.
I'm using /apps/ControlPanel/CalendarFeed

Excellent . But I've had a look at your source code with regards to the power consumption guidelines.

I could see that you use a fair amount of QTimers and such. Maybe you could in those cases use the Harmattan system heartbeat to optimise power consumption instead?

Originally Posted by Try Catch View Post
Excellent . But I've had a look at your source code with regards to the power consumption guidelines.

I could see that you use a fair amount of QTimers and such. Maybe you could in those cases use the Harmattan system heartbeat to optimise power consumption instead?
It does use a couple of timers but most of them are relatively long lived:
1. Day change timer: Fires once a day at midnight to update labels
2. Reload event timer (if the calendar doesn't change this timer fires after the maximum look-ahead time and +- 12 hours)
3. Expiry timer (fires every time soon as the first event expires)
4. Calendar close timer (to prevent constant reloading of the calendar backend in case a lot of items are being edited - it is only activated if the calendar was previously changed)

Timer 1 & 2 should be negligible for power consumption. 3 & 4 could be more problematic but should not have a noticable impact on battery life. The issue with global timers is the interval in which they should be run and whether the daemon will not end up being the only process waking up the system in that case. I will look into adding that functionality in the next version. Thanks for letting me know.

Why you two chillip and dkormalev not merge in a single powerfull and customizable notifications feed app?!

I miss things, like Twitter mentions and DM's, and Facebook on my notifications.

This would be great.

The Following User Says Thank You to elieserleao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
I have added compatibility for PR 1.0. It will not be able to open recurring events (well it will open something but not the exact event you tapped on). Can you report back if it works for you now?
Hi, .9.3 opens the calendar now (under PR 1.0) but I get a weird error message as the image shows - and the calendar doesn't open on the day of the event but rather the last day the calendar was showing.

I'm still on PR 1.0.

Thanks for the good work on this - it's a valuable addition to the Notifications screen
Attached Images

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Arendal, Norway
Many thanks for this - I appreciate your work done. And I like your version over the one in the store since yours show separate events.

Now, one request though - would it be possible to have it pull events for more than 1 week ahead?

Originally Posted by kjmackey View Post
Hi, .9.3 opens the calendar now (under PR 1.0) but I get a weird error message as the image shows - and the calendar doesn't open on the day of the event but rather the last day the calendar was showing.

I'm still on PR 1.0.

Thanks for the good work on this - it's a valuable addition to the Notifications screen
Does this happen for all events or only recurring (or an exception of a recurring event)? If it does there's nothing I can do it's an API limitation (PR 1.1 should be out for you soon though http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...e-going-global)

Originally Posted by skripis View Post
Many thanks for this - I appreciate your work done. And I like your version over the one in the store since yours show separate events.

Now, one request though - would it be possible to have it pull events for more than 1 week ahead?
It is possible. I'm nore sure whether it should be shown in the graphical user interface as the longer the period is the more events have to be kept in memory which may degrade performance. You can force a longer period via gconftool manually e.g.:
  1. Use gconftool-2 --all-dirs /apps/CalendarFeed/calendars to list the UIDs of all calendars (default refers to the default settings for all calendars)
  2. Modify the look ahead value for the calendar you want to change - e.g.:
    gconftool-2 -s --type=int/apps/CalendarFeed/calendars/default/lookAhead <time in seconds>

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Does this happen for all events or only recurring (or an exception of a recurring event)? If it does there's nothing I can do it's an API limitation (PR 1.1 should be out for you soon though http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...e-going-global)
For all events, recurring or otherwise. Thanks for trying. I get it that's the PR 1.0 API doesn't allow for this. No worries - PR 1.1 will show up soon enough.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by elieserleao View Post
Why you two chillip and dkormalev not merge in a single powerfull and customizable notifications feed app?!
I miss things, like Twitter mentions and DM's, and Facebook on my notifications.
This would be great.
I second that, assuming they're both of the same nature.
i.e. F/OSS + F/OSS OR closed/commercial + closed/commercial.
Would be tricky for them to collaborate otherwise...

*EDIT*
Noticed the title of the thread's wrong....
Name of the app's Calendar Feed, but in the title you've called it Organiser Feed.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-25 at 07:13.