Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
They are on my N9, well I can see them in mass storage mode and i have a back up too.

Problem is i cannot get them to appear in the contacts list on the phone.

I was having problems earlier today with my media and galley so did tracker-control -r

But now they are fine and contacts are not.

To add to my woes it won't connect with sync and connect to my PC and nor will they restore from my nokia account.

I have done a phone re-set too and that made no difference.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
John

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Restore your 'healthy' backup, i always backup my phone after clean reflash, just in case,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
http://db.tt/vpGLx2aR this is my clean backup, extract it to your n9 dir /home/user/MyDocs/.backup and then restore it via setting->sync and backup

hope its work

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I did a full back up prior to PR1.3 and that worked on a restore. But many thanks.

Odd problem though!

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Sh*t can happened, lol,

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Same happened to me now. Except that I don't have any backup on the device. That shouldn't matter much, though, as all my contacts are synced from my PC to the N9 via my Nokia account. Or so I thought.

After the tracker-reset the contact list was empty. I started a sync via the Nokia account. That took a while, no errors or other strange things. All went well. Still, the contact list is empty.

Next try: delete Nokia account, re-boot the device, re-add Nokia account, sync. No difference, contact list remains empty.

Next idea: Go online with some of the instant messaging accounts that populate the contact list. Now I at least get an error message saying something like "contacts could not be added". (Translating from German here.)

I don't understand this. I do realize that removing the tracker databases deleted the contacts from the device - but why on earth can't I add them again from the server?

Are there any other config files or settings that I should try to delete/change so that the contacts application returns to its original state?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
benny1967,

Its recommended that when you do a tracker reset you should switch off your network connections. Not switching off your connections could mean since your phone acts as the client for the Nokia account that you want to delete your contacts so it syncs a deletion message or something like that.

I would say try accessing your Nokia account via the web interface to see if the contacts still remain only then start troubleshooting if something can be done on-device...

Edit: Just a correction, you can't access your contacts via web but you can download them. Visit exportcontacts.ovi.com and sign in; you can download them to your PC and then do a straight-forward import on device too

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-01-30 at 13:24.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
Are there any other config files or settings that I should try to delete/change so that the contacts application returns to its original state?
Try an rm of ~/.cache/contactsd/ plus restarting contactsd.

The Following User Says Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Try an rm of ~/.cache/contactsd/ plus restarting contactsd.
Thank you, i tried this. Doesn't help though.

I Wonder if it's a problem with the contacts application at all. If it's true that a tracker reset wipes all contacts, then the application behaves as expected. what's not expected is that i don't get any data in from the online accounts, be it jabber, google talk our the Nokia account.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
benny1967,

Did you try doing an export from web-interface and checking if your contacts are still there?

If you are not getting any data from online accounts even if they still contain your data then most likely you need to remove all accounts, reboot and then add them back...

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post: