Notices

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
You removed system contacts database and you think it makes whatsup to work with privileged database. I have no words to explain how much stupid is it.
I'm not sure if this trick works with latest sailfishos, but you ca try. In file /usr/share/mapplauncherd/privileges add line:
Code:
/usr/bin/whatsup,p

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Thanks, this works. Sorry for previous, maybe not so nice, comments.

On N900 I used prefixed contact names for sorting purposes. When I switched to Jolla, I wanted to remove prefixes and I ended up with system and priviledged contact databases having different names for the same contact. For example in system a contact was named "(A) Test", and in priviledged "Test" for the same number. After removing all contacts and resync, only priviledged was filled up with contacts and system db is empty.

Removing the system contacts was a desperate measure so that Whatsup will not use old contact names instead of new ones. I found no other way to get rid of old contact names.

However, I find it strange that there are two contact databases in Jolla and that only priviledged is recreated from scratch when deleted.

The Following User Says Thank You to yrannadx For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Update Time!

Download Whatsup 0.1-2 (also on the first post)

Changelog:
- Changed profile panels
- Fixed privacy password
- Added Landscape mode
- Added Bookmarks page
- Can save images in gallery
- Fixed media bubbles size
- Newer Sync function (back-end)
- Added Custom read notifications
- Added Clear chat history
- Icons for bubbles options
- And a lot more that I forget.....

Thanks again to CepiPerez for this awesome update!

Please consider a donation if you like Whatsup and want to support our developers!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
it's a great release it works like a charm. happy to use it. i think i will donate to cepi..

how about the roadmap of features in next updates?
the most important missing one its, for me, the impossibility to send registered record, and to listen received ones

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by itdoesntmatt View Post
it's a great release it works like a charm. happy to use it. i think i will donate to cepi..

how about the roadmap of features in next updates?
the most important missing one its, for me, the impossibility to send registered record, and to listen received ones
It's already there unfocus the text box (so that you are not in the place where you can type), then look at the bottom right.

uhm yeah but i cannot listen other's recording
however its not so clear, i suggest to modify to make more clear when you are recording and when you stop.

and for future update, what have you got in mind?
but is there a way to implement emoji without passing from emoji keyboard?it's quite uncomfortable

then it would be great message search function and multiselection of messages, do you agree)?

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Hi Guys quick question.. i am not able to see my contacts last seen time.. is this a know issue ? if not is there a solution for it.. (maybe i,m overlooking something)...

Kind Regards..

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
Yeah, listening to others' recording doesn't work indeed and emoji's would be sweet to have

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
Yeah, listening to others' recording doesn't work indeed and emoji's would be sweet to have
@vistaus are you running latest update 1.1.4.28 ?.. if so the emoij keyboard is not working... (dev is working on it)

Kind Regards...

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
@vistaus are you running latest update 1.1.4.28 ?.. if so the emoij keyboard is not working... (dev is working on it)

Kind Regards...
I installed the latest version,and voice notes still not working.checked the whatsup folder it seems that the app is not saving those files after download(maybe)

Tags
alpha, jolla, tohkbd, whatsup