mmm, my n900 cost me about 210€ with a vodafone contract of 18 months more than a year ago...
The problem is that now vf don't sell it anymore. But I think you should find it cheaper

Oh! and my N900 did'nt came locked for vodafone, I can use any simcard I want...

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by anjin View Post
update: I found a shop with a second hand n900.
It seems in good conditions, it has only one scratch on the screen (around 1 cm) but I probably I could live with it. It comes with n900, battery, a simple usb cable, and the charger. I think it lacks of original headset, the usb cable with two jack (micros usb and mini nokia?), tv cable, and I don't know what more. All that at 270 euro. What do you guys think? Is it a good price? Do i need some sofware disk for delete everything from old owner and have it like new?

I should go to another shop on Monday where probably have more devices available.
Go to the Nokia website and check the IMEI to see if it's under warranty period.

For your reference, this is where we check the IMEI in my region: http://www.nokia.com.hk/support-ch/r...cation-checker

Last edited by 9000; 2011-03-05 at 13:18.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Madrid Spain
Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Go to the Nokia website and check the IMEI to see if it's under warranty period.

For your reference, this is where we check the IMEI in my region: http://www.nokia.com.hk/support-ch/r...cation-checker
This is a good idea, some difficulties in a store, but I could try.

Originally Posted by NoX View Post
mmm, my n900 cost me about 210€ with a vodafone contract of 18 months more than a year ago...
The problem is that now vf don't sell it anymore. But I think you should find it cheaper

Oh! and my N900 did'nt came locked for vodafone, I can use any simcard I want...
Here too seems that phone companies don't have more n900. So I have to looking for a new one or a second hand.
Do you know if I need some cd software for reset the device like a brand new? In the box I didn't see none.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
Originally Posted by Dead1nside View Post
Flash video is a quite a slideshow, and actually a bit of a massive disappointment considering my N82 had Flash Lite and could, so far, do everything and more regarding flash. Is there a way to choose lower quality flash streams automatically, like on BBC iPlayer?
Most flash videos play okay, at least as far as I've noticed. For BBC iPlayer, click the button to make in play in a pop-out window then it will play at a watchable frame-rate.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
buy android and see how boring it is...Works great as phone. But still boring

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
bought a used one in (hopefully) good condition on ebay as backup and testing platform a week ago, paid € 186,00...
have not received it yet as the guy is a bit slow

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
Most flash videos play okay, at least as far as I've noticed. For BBC iPlayer, click the button to make in play in a pop-out window then it will play at a watchable frame-rate.
Thanks for the tip, I've found that now myself, although I wish the button was bigger and easier to hit! I've found I can only get watchable videos from BBC iPlayer if there is a "Lower Bandwidth Version" available at the bottom of the page. Even the "Normal Bandwith Version" such as on Top Gear, is far too stuttery, and the videos lags several seconds behind the audio.

went to the seond shop today after work and... No n900, maybe tomorrow... So let's wait some days. I've until friday, then I'll be on trip for 10 days. I hoped in some good occasion before travel.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Oh dear. You're too late I think. You spent so long procrastinating in this thread about whether you should get one, now they have all sold out I'll bet.

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, hell no, just shoot me, pros and cons