Poll: If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose
Poll Options
If you got two same phones only screen differs what screen will you choose

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Guessing the direction the market is heading, I will probable get a capacitive. Not a fan of capacitive at all, but few manufacturers would continue to implement resistive screens in next-gen phones. Multitouch is a plus, and multitouch on a resistive screen os still a geek's dream for some time to come. (in comsumer phones, that is)

I hope my next dream phone will have good resistive or an accurate capacitive screen, but that is not the game-changer for me.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Where the heck is stantum?

It was announced and received decent marketing buzz in 2009 and then it goes off the radar completely. Stantum was resistive screen's big chance to gain multitouch capability.

On the other hand, capacitive display is also 'growing' to address its major deficiency (accuracy).

One of the most interesting hybrid to gain the 'best of both world' that i've seen is capacitive + active digitizer (htc flyer). Unfortunately the OS it comes with (android) doesn't have HWR yet.
I also think the screen coating is really important. Just compare the Xperia X10 to iPhone 4. Both are capacitive but one is much more smoother and more responsive than the other.

So let's make a comparison.
Amount of consumer tablets available with Capacitive+ADigitizer=1*
The HP Slate 500
(HTC Flyer will make that 2 in the near-future)

Amount of consmer tablets available with MultiTouch Resistive=0*

*afai recall

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
i don't have a preference for the screen. i will use whatever that comes along as long as the OS suits my needs (i.e. being open like maemo). oki know it is a bit vague. if i had no choice but to choose, i would pick capacitive but only if the UI has nice big buttons that would make it easy for me to use the device with one hand.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
Resistive WON!!!!
...and that matters how? :/

What concrete change does that bring...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Whether the resistive Won the poll here on TMO but lose else where then what will this small portion of people who liked resistive do to the market as whole? How many of you actually buying more than one of the same device? The market has already show that resistive lost its poll a long time a go. multitouch resistive? it's not as easy to impliment and cost more than capacitive multi touch to create. More sensors and more harder to program.

It's great to see resistive won, but seriously? 70 people? lol hahah good luck in persuading the phone makers to make resistive touch on their device.

Big ui buttons make you feel like an infant playing with big duplo blocks.

I like lots of tiny stuff on my screen, & a stylus to work with it. =Resistive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post

It's great to see resistive won, but seriously? 70 people? lol hahah good luck in persuading the phone makers to make resistive touch on their device.
should i say.......

"It's great to see CAPACITIVE won??, but seriously? 31 people? lol hahah good luck in persuading the phone makers to make CAPACITIVE touch on their device..

at least resistive has more votes as compare to capasitive

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nman View Post
Big ui buttons make you feel like an infant playing with big duplo blocks.

I like lots of tiny stuff on my screen, & a stylus to work with it. =Resistive.
totally agreed,,,,,,,,,,,,and great point!

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Whether the resistive Won the poll here on TMO but lose else where then what will this small portion of people who liked resistive do to the market as whole? How many of you actually buying more than one of the same device? The market has already show that resistive lost its poll a long time a go. multitouch resistive? it's not as easy to impliment and cost more than capacitive multi touch to create. More sensors and more harder to program.

Of 100 ppl voting 70% voted for resistive.. sure it is biased but it is still more than 30%.

It is a pretty big indication on that people still favours resistive..

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Multitouch with Resistive.

Tags
capacitive, compare, resistive, screen