Notices

Have you had any joy playing live streams?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Not with stock media player yet. As a result you get a cursor on screen, have to ctrl+backspace to exit and the screen keeps turning off. It takes a few seconds to settle down and does slow/speed up now and again.

I don't know how to get mediaplayer/omp to play from stdin. Managed a dbus signal to launch player but that's as far as it went.

Code:
get_iplayer --stream --type=livetv --player="ffplay -fs -" --modes=flashstd2 80006
80006 = BBC2
Works reasonable with flashstd. If playback fails retry changing to flashstd2. 2 seems more reliable for me but still takes a few attempts to get running.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
CuteTube does a successful sending of stream to OMP (or stock one). Maybe you could borrow code from there?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
i think thats where i got code from to launch mediaplayer. difference is cutetube is sending a url to open while i'm trying to pipe output.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
i think thats where i got code from to launch mediaplayer. difference is cutetube is sending a url to open while i'm trying to pipe output.
Any luck with piping to media player yet? I pipe get_iplayer into vlc, works better than mplayer for me. Would like to try the standard media player if anyone here knows how to do it successfully...

Tried asking if a known method for playing from stdout was available in OMP thread but no answer as of yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
quick update. i know get_iplayer 2.86 is out, its a small update so i might be able to sort it in a few days. someone added a Lame library to repo, might answer missing mp3 support issue.

re playback: asked around, stock/omp can't do playback from stdin so thats out of the question. might work with named pipes so i can experiment a bit.

also going to try updating my ui app with what i learned working on microbe. at the moment its based on source of cutetube with hope of one day merging but requirements are different so i'm gonna rebase it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Small update. get_iplayer 2.86 now in extras-devel. Haven't got round to trying mp3/lame related issue yet, been doing lots of overtime.

I've been ahving trouble downloading things for a month, getting exit code 1 (raw code = 256)
Anyone else having a similar issue?

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following User Says Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
2.87 has been released. I'll try to push it when I get a bit of free time, working everyday for next 2 weeks.

Sorry I didn't see last post TomJ. It usually occurs for me on poor connections or if it can't resume a particular download. I think Debian may have a newer snapshot of rtmpdump in their repos now so I'll try that as well. I really ought to start writing a list

Tags
get_iplayer, iplayer, rtmpdump