Active Topics

rgbyhkr,

WOW...it sounds like the Handspring Visor launch debacle....

interesting. i called my credit card co and they say nokia has billed me (for 2 dollars more than they said they would). i called nokia today at about 9 am cst and was told they were in stock and i 'bought' one.
but... i also called last night just before they closed and was told the 770 still had not been released. i told the person on the other end i knew somone who had ordered one ealier in the day, but their response was to ask for an order number so they could look up the order. so they were helpful, but also apparently not in the loop. i sense confusion.

Last edited by jdr93; 2005-11-09 at 23:59.

Interesting post about Euro launch numbers in that launch thread:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...=1476#post1476

No idea where the numbers come from but if that's true, it's beyond pathetic.

Jeff

Last edited by rgbyhkr; 2005-11-10 at 00:35.

I think I will wait and see it at CES in January....maybe they will have decent stock by then. I agree, those numbers seem really low for a major company launching a major, new product!

Hard to say what is going on, but the US web site seems to have changed a bit. Of course, I won't really know until it loads completely. My estimate, based on the current loading speed, is that I'll see that page sometime in late March.

I can only assume that the page is being flooded right now. I can't seem to get through. I can't even say that is has anything to do with the 770. Maybe it is just me? Maybe I'll wake up and find it was all a dream? It has to be a dream, right? I mean, what dumb-*** company would make it so difficult for people to lob piles of money at them?

The previous address of http://www.nokiausa.com/770 doesn't work anymore. All the search results don't seem to work. Everything seems to point to http://www.nokiausa.com/index.

Well, I'll try again in a few minutes from the office.

Great way to start the day.

Edit: Well, from the office it is the normal page and it loads. Perhaps my wishful thinking caused this to happen? I think I'll keep my hands off all electronic devices for a few days, just to make sure. Sorry gang.

Last edited by AkiraXXX; 2005-11-10 at 12:58.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2005 @ NJ, USA
I get the /770 page same as yesterday.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ NH USA
I just called the toll-free number 888.256.2098 x 1. Julia took my info and advised she could put the 770 on back order. After a moments pause, she advised she could NOT put the order in as a backorder. She advised 770's are arriving every day for the USA but the system would not allow order input. I asked if she was a Nokia employee. She advised she works for a contractor in Tennessee. I wonder if Nokia is aware of this snafu? Time to order a Blackberry?

I think Julia was the rep I worked with yesterday who took my "re-order" and was finally able to get the credit card verification pushed through. I just called as well to ask about stock and the rep didn't even have to check as she knew they were out. Again, no ETA on when they would be in. I also asked about online sales and she said that phone orders and online orders are pulled from the same inventory (some companies separate the 2 channels and even have different outsourced contractors to handle each). So, It looks like unless there's some change, there won't be any units available to order from online either.

What a cluster you know what.

Jeff

Anyone know if they will be available on Amazon? I have this gift certificate I've been holding onto so I can buy a 770...

So far, no listing for it, but they do sell other Nokia devices so it seems logical. Anyone "know"?

btw, thanks for all the great info on the site!

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Cumberland Center, Maine, USA
Hm, maybe it won't start being sold in the US untill November 14th. The reason I think this is because of the press release posted on Nokia's site: http://www.nokiausa.com/about/newsro...6,3617,00.html . It is dated 11-07-2005, and it says "The www.nokiausa.com sales channel is expected to open one week later."