Notices

Here is a Video to demonstrate the red backupmenu screen

The Following User Says Thank You to Acurus_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Hiya, me and freemangordon checked out the initrd-progs lead, and that's what causes the redscreening backupmenu. I'm not gonna be the go-to guy if you botch up doing this, but you can revert the problem for now by using dpkg to install this (the stock version of initrd-progs) http://maemo-archive.wedrop.it/downl...b0m5_armel.deb and NOT UPGRADING INTO THE LATEST ONE IN CSSU-DEVEL.

Last edited by Raimu; 2013-04-24 at 17:49.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
As Raimu suspected it seems the issue is "initrd-progs" from cssu-devel.

(16:12:01) Raimu: freemangordon: Reverting to stock initrd-stuff corrected everything. Confirmed.
I have also installed all thumb and cssu-devel updates apart from the above package and have no issues.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Hiya, me and freemangordon checked out the initrd-progs lead, and that's what causes the redscreening backupmenu. I'm not gonna be the go-to guy if you botch up doing this, but you can revert the problem for now by using dpkg to install this (the stock version of initrd-progs) http://maemo-archive.wedrop.it/downl...b0m5_armel.deb and NOT UPGRADING INTO THE LATEST ONE IN CSSU-DEVEL.
any downsides of this downgrade?

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
any downsides of this downgrade?
It's not a downgrade as such.
CSSU-devel isn't released software anyway it's mostly unstable stuff for testing.
Thanks for being a guinea-pig.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following User Says Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
GREAT. Now, my backupmenu is working!! Many thanks. Hope, the cssu-crew will recognize this and will change it with next upcoming update/ugrade.

Raimu + freemangordon: You are the best!

I updated text2screen in cssu-devel, now colors should be fixed (it use RGB565 and not RGB888).

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
o.k. I have reactivated cssu-devel in the program manager

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy

THANKS TO ALL!!!!

I'm proud to be a member of this community

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
just to spend my 2 cents...

I've tried to install the new version of initrd-progs and... colours are right but when backupmenu is launched it stops again in "chrooting"

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system