Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
The keyboard didn't look like a standard English one. That's good. I hope there will be a Swe/Fin variant as well, like with the N810.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
If you observe carefully.... when he was scrolling the web page most of his finger was on the side of the screen. If that is true and we can scroll with the edge of the screen... that would be awesome... no more clicking links while trying to scroll.

And i did you guys see how fast the nokia Italian site loaded.....
Yep, that stood out big time. Be very happy if the black bits are active.

Do you have a time stamp on the site loading bit?

Edit: Found it, think it was cached but still fast. Cant say im fan of the swirly finger bit, look like a right plonker doing that on the train.

Last edited by dansus; 2009-09-02 at 00:13.

Originally Posted by sachin007 View Post
Surprising... i thought that many of the users will be amazed by the video..... looks like everyone already knew most of the stuff!
Perhaps because of the earlier demo by Jussi. Most of the stuff was repeated. But thanks for sharing.

I don't know Italian, but I do know Spanish and they are similar. Most of his points are already known, and nicely written over the video. Nice walkthrough, but I notice the task switching seems slow at times. Hope that is fixed in recent builds.

Last edited by mrojas; 2009-09-02 at 03:41.

Looks like an early prototype. Notice the missing 'N900' at the front?

The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Also, I think Peter@MaemoMarketing mentioned that Eldar's device has outdated software. If they kept the pace of N97 development (which were heard to have new firmwares per week), then I suppose the device is way better now.

Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Also, I think Peter@MaemoMarketing mentioned that Eldar's device has outdated software. If they kept the pace of N97 development (which were heard to have new firmwares per week), then I suppose the device is way better now.
Yup, Peter did tweet about a software update 3 days ago: http://twitter.com/PeterMaemo/status/3648234651

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
I haven't seen a single N900 in any of the released footage (minus the marketing ones). They may be being produced as we speak, or they may all be locked up in a warehouse somewhere.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Melbourne
i just watch the video, when the keyboard is exposed, the screen blank for a moment why is that? this also happen when the keyboard closed.

N97 also do the same thing, but this is acceptable because it has portrait and landscape orientation however N900 only have landscape orientation so what is that? is the screen refreshing?

one more thing, the panoramic desktop, is there only 4 of them like in the video? or we can add more?

Last edited by BaKSo; 2009-09-02 at 04:14.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by BaKSo View Post
i just watch the video, when the keyboard is exposed, the screen blank for a moment why is that? this also happen when the keyboard closed.
The screen had dimmed before he opened the keyboard, so it could have something to do with that. But, yeah, peculiar.