I'm trying to pair up a friends cell phone that is att with my os2008 nokia n800 but it pairs up only prob is no access to the internet...the keys for each device i put in 1234...so i guess its the numbers i'm putting in ? I never set a key for my n800

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You're looking to do DUN (Dial Up Networking). Pairing is for Bluetooth file transfers and the like. You need to go through the Mobile Operator Setup Wizard.

i'm wondering how it would work cell phone pairing via DUN bluetooth and GPS bluetooth at the same time?

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by vnguyen972 View Post
i'm wondering how it would work cell phone pairing via DUN bluetooth and GPS bluetooth at the same time?
Just fine.

Originally Posted by Gadget25 View Post
I'm trying to pair up a friends cell phone that is att with my os2008 nokia n800 but it pairs up only prob is no access to the internet...the keys for each device i put in 1234...so i guess its the numbers i'm putting in ? I never set a key for my n800
check in some other threads to make sure the att setup is right in the wizard. i put my verizon in manually to get it to work. Also I had to seem edit my phone to allow BT DUN which verizon had disabled. Don't know if this is an att issue or not.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by vnguyen972 View Post
As the General said, it works fine. I regularly use MaemoMapper with a BT GPS unit and use DUN over my 3G phone (Nokia 6555) to download maps...

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

This what I had to do...

first pair the phone as you said you did.

Then under "Connections" I had to make a new connect.

Connection name: GPRS
Connection type: (select, Package data")

Access point name: wap.cingular
Dial-up number: *99#
User name: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
password: CINGULAR1

ok your done....but a word of warning if haven't got unlimited internet on your phone, I wouldn't try this unless you don't mind paying high cell phone bills....

With that said is there any insturction on how to make a Dial up connect intead of connecting through Att's network?