Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Skyhook, pioneer in using Wifi for map positioning, recently sued Google for unfair competion. Looking at the court papers shows one way of "peeing in your pants" by giving Google the control of your business. Google has forced Motorola and another anonymous Android manufacturer from shipping products that compete with Google maps:

"(Google....) instructing Motorola and Company X that they were under "stop ship" order and were prohibited from shipping phones with Skyhook's XPS embedded."

Do no evil, or whatever.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
You did. Scroll up.
Might want to debug your i/o functions

Ok, Since there's no substance behind that particular post of yours I'm not gonna clutter this thread anymore with this nonsense.
sorry, that was bad translation by me. the text said "small glitches that are really annoying" but between the lines one could clearly read the works poorly part.

but as I've said probably million times: it is all about personal preferences. with iPhone it is small glitch though the annoyance can be almost similar to incoming call rotation stuff with n900 in someones eyes. And with iPhone people rather shut up and think that something is a small glitch.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Ok, Since there's no substance behind that particular post of yours I'm not gonna clutter this thread anymore with this nonsense.
Told you that you'd not get any definitive links nor answers.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
Nokia and Intel should take Java and Dalvik more seriously. C++ and Python are not as flexible and auto-optimizeable when hardware of embedded devices becomes also more complex with multiple CPU cores and more RAM in the future.
No one will take Dalvik seriously so long as it's entirely under the purview of Google. Java just became a lot more contentious an issue with it falling into Oracle's hands. Were they to fall into the open, much like many of the tools and languages we have today, then maybe people would consider them seriously.

And even then, such isolation is really only beneficial for "App" developers who want to wash the platform out from underneath themselves, and don't care to pay attention to their tools or even understand them.

The only decent solution I see is that PNaCl stuff Google is pushing, but again, so long as it's a Google led effort it's constrained by their vested interests.

Even then, you'll still need things like Qt and have people like me clamoring for direct hardware access and natively compiled code

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
sorry, that was bad translation by me. the text said "small glitches that are really annoying" but between the lines one could clearly read the works poorly part.

but as I've said probably million times: it is all about personal preferences. with iPhone it is small glitch though the annoyance can be almost similar to incoming call rotation stuff with n900 in someones eyes. And with iPhone people rather shut up and think that something is a small glitch.
This is not a logical discussion anymore. I will stand by my last remark.

You're free to think that everyone else in this world is inferior to you and act upon that assumption.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
This is not a logical discussion anymore. I will stand by my last remark.

You're free to think that everyone else in this world is inferior to you and act upon that assumption.
http://tekniikanmaailma.fi/kuva-ja-a...apple-iphone-4

don't know how much that warms but there is the article I was talking about....

no, everyone else in the world isn't inferior but I am not inferior to everyone else by default. in other words: facts or I don't care.

e: what do you mean about not being a logical discussion? The underlined part was approximately the initial argument for the whole discussion about tolerance to bugs between different platforms.

and you can ask from finns how they interpret the part with rotation glitch. the hints are pretty strong imo.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2010-09-29 at 18:22.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
e: what do you mean about not being a logical discussion? The underlined part was approximately the initial argument for the whole discussion about tolerance to bugs between different platforms.
The fact that I've been asking for facts to backup what you read between the line (ie: not fact) from the start of our little dance here, and up until now it has not appeared yet.

Broken I/O function mate. Take a break dude, you deserve it. Rest a bit, you'll freshen the mind up and get into better mood.

and you can ask from finns how they interpret the part with rotation glitch. the hints are pretty strong imo.
I'm sensitive enough to discern the vsync issues on n900 even from one of its early demo video. I think I know what to look for here, and I don't see it. Thanks though.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:

Tags
back it up sam, chair-throwing, change me, nokia's-balmer, show proof, trolling, video stream, we need diapers