so, this thing is pretty awesome... while it worked

It only ran once, and now when I try to run it, I simply get the following error (when trying to run from xterm):

GLIB CRITICAL ** Gtk - gtk_container_add: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
segmentation fault
n810 running diablo
I tried rebooting, and that did not help. I suppose I can try re-installing. I actually might reflash my tablet soon, it's been having a lot of issues lately, so it's possible that it's just my tablet being stubborn.

Last edited by pomokey; 2008-12-31 at 06:54.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@TrueJournals: No DBus support yet

@Munk: You should uninstall the other one first.

@pomokey: Remove /home/user/.tear and it will run.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-12-31 at 06:55.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
From some reason the context menu shows up when clicking any link (single rapid click). it does not show up when clicking anything BUT links (unless you click and hold - as it should be).

The Following User Says Thank You to macit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@macit: Yeah, i know, annoying

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
@Bundyo: This is absolutely awesome. This is really showing what the N800 is capable of in terms of browsing and scrolling smoothness. The one problem I had with it is that flash advertisements on websites slow everything down (just as they do in any browser...). I guess I should install privoxy or similar, but for now I just moved my flash player plugin .so out of the way and am now enjoying fast loading and (slightly too) fast scrolling.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
The plan is to write an sqlite operation pool, since threadsafe is not the word to describe sqlite for linux At least this version.
While threadsafe is the default under windows, It has to be explicitly enabled under unix/linux (as I painfully discovered a while ago when I corrupted a database )
You'll have to check if the option is enabled in the source deb.
If it isn't, no wonder it doesn't work. if it is you can still experience locking problems if various thread try to update the database at once, not really different than having separate processes accessing the same database file, so you should be prepared to manage the case even if you're not programming a multithreaded application (it's just a matter of checking the error code and retrying and/or install a busy handler).
It's all explained in the sqlite documentation.

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Well, I must have a "special" tablet: while everyone raves about everlasting batteries (mine lasts only 2 hours) and speed improvements with each system update (mine is as slow as ever), now with tear I don't notice any speed improvement wrt microb.
In fact it seems slower to me (perhaps because microb starts rendering the page as soon as possible, while tear has to download it almost completely before rendering) and the rendering is worse.
Do I have a cursed tablet or are the pages I visit that are especially problematic? (e.g, slashdot, this forum)

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Pretty screenshot of what it currently looks like... I actually kind of like this better than the current bookmarks menu:
How did you add it to the task navigator and get the bookmarks?

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
FRZ: It's a task navigator plugin I wrote. Although, I'm not releasing any package or source yet, because it doesn't really... work... Once Bundyo implements dbus handling in Tear, I should be able to get everything working.

Posts: 367 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
FRZ: It's a task navigator plugin I wrote. Although, I'm not releasing any package or source yet, because it doesn't really... work... Once Bundyo implements dbus handling in Tear, I should be able to get everything working.
Ok. I thought it was a feature in the control panel.