What would people suggest that I use for my web browsing?

Ideally I want a browser that will be Firefox or at least pretend to be.

I often use .Mac (or MobileMe) and it won't let me login without being Safari or Firefox. Fennec managed it, but it is too buggy and slow at the moment.

Is there another browser? Is there a way for me to pretend that I am Firefox?

Thanks

Steve

Go to the Alternative section of this forum there you can install Debian turbo edition that has a somewhat usable FireFox3

Thanks but I am trying to get it to work under the standard system if it's possible.

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Seattle, WA
Try User Agent Switcher--http://browser-extras.garage.maemo.org/news/8/.

Last edited by baksiidaa; 2008-10-28 at 00:41. Reason: didn't read all of OP

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
err, after a rather nasty discovery, i would advice against that. it seems user agent switcher have a bug that makes it fail to correctly set the default agent string ones done with the alternate one...

Originally Posted by tso View Post
err, after a rather nasty discovery, i would advice against that. it seems user agent switcher have a bug that makes it fail to correctly set the default agent string ones done with the alternate one...
Uh oh. I didn't know that. I have it installed. How does one recover from the bug?

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
The "Bug" can be recovered using the old "iPhone Switch" mod. Its WAY better than UA Switcher, because its optimized for the tablet. You just create a bookmark with the UA values, and click it. Then, it automatically switches the string.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14259

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.

Thanks. That config lists the rx-34 version of OS 2008. Isn't it now at rx-35? Do you use the same string or does it need to be updated? Or doesn't it matter?

Originally Posted by Rassilon7 View Post
Thanks but I am trying to get it to work under the standard system if it's possible.
the debian turbo edition does run under the standard system (more precisely on top) you dont have to reboot into debian, or even start the other window manager. You just select iceweasle (firefox) from the app list just like any other program, and it runs, just like any other program. make sure to put the cpu in performance mode, and you will still need to be patient for it to start up. once it gets going though, its not terribly slow.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=24272

Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
There is minefield for the tablet. Its a older version of Firefox 3 that someone complied.

I can't find it online though, looks like it was pulled from the repo

I have it though, if yeah wants

www.ezschool.com - The best online educational experience.