Active Topics

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
this is what i had found out yesterday
its the list of dbus service interfaces , but im yet to find the services published by these different dbus daemons that are handled by these interaces.

You can find them on your N900 the list of interfaces used by the various dbus daemons.
just goto
/etc/dbus-1/system.d

if Ive missed to see something please report.

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Developing for Maemo 5 is much, much, much easier, 'cause of the existence of docs, api refs and wiki, 'cause of OS2008 developing experience. And I just miss the point again and again... Please, use search... Or use fantasy... Do you know 'bout 'dbus-inspector'? Now you do Use it
P.S. Nothing personal, just a long New Year holidays
just installed dbus-inspector on my N900.
Ran it , there were some errors and it shows nothing. just an empty window, doesnt list the interfaces or services.
is there some config I need to do ?

if this works this will definitely make up for the lack of documentation of interaces/services.
I also read that the services will show on the dbus-inspector only if the introspection has been implemented by the respective daemons. Dont know how that holds for maemo . ?

Last edited by krk969; 2010-01-06 at 21:27.

Posts: 462 | Thanked: 550 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Moscow
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
just installed dbus-inspector on my N900.
Ran it , there were some errors and it shows nothing. just an empty window, doesnt list the interfaces or services.
is there some config I need to do ?
No config is needed. Did you run it in XTerm? If you did, post the output. And one more thing to be told: it takes much time to introspect (partly because of the timeouts and slow CPU).

I also read that the services will show on the dbus-inspector only if the introspection has been implemented by the respective daemons. Dont know how that holds for maemo . ?
Introspection is partly supported in Maemo unfortunately, so still docs reading to be done.

No config is needed. Did you run it in XTerm? If you did, post the output. And one more thing to be told: it takes much time to introspect (partly because of the timeouts and slow CPU).
I ran it using ssh to get the error log. Its attached
The screenshot is also attached.

btw just another thing the refresh and quit buttons were working to touch.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt ERROR.txt (3.6 KB, 98 views)

I ran it using ssh to get the error log.
btw just another thing the refresh and quit buttons were working to touch.
Well, you can patch a bit sources of dbus-inspector, according to last error in log dbus-inspector fails with None instead of String.

Well, you can patch a bit sources of dbus-inspector, according to last error in log dbus-inspector fails with None instead of String.
Thanks, that didnt take me this post to figure out
Im no expert in python, but ill try to patch it if I can in case nobody fixes it before.

Thanks, that didnt take me this post to figure out

Im no expert in python, but ill try to patch it if I can in case nobody fixes it before.
It's quite easy, but having a device is a nice speed-up in fixing. Perhaps, a bit later I'll post patched version.

The Following User Says Thank You to 412b For This Useful Post:
Try this quick-patched version
Attached Files
File Type: gz dbus-inspector.tar.gz (7.9 KB, 87 views)

Try this quick-patched version
didnt work again . attached the error.
sorry ,i hadnt realized you didnt have a device to test it, would it not work on the ARMEL target in the SDK env (i mean just to test it ? )

anyways, if you would be working on it, you could send me the patched version to test anytime. ill try to have a look too myself when I can.

cheers
Attached Files
File Type: txt error2.txt (4.4 KB, 187 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to krk969 For This Useful Post:
didnt work again . attached the error.
In fact, there are no critical errors. Moreover, how much time did you let it to work? According to log introspection wasn't finished.

sorry ,i hadnt realized you didnt have a device to test it, would it not work on the ARMEL target in the SDK env (i mean just to test it ? )
Just for testing purposes it can be run in the SDK, but only for testing. Python is target independent, so no difference should be there.