https://github.com/abandonware/aband...ment-578143760

https://wiki.maemo.org/Apps#

I am looking for " 4 inch TFT LCD display screen " for Nokia n950 HandSet

http://rzr.online.fr/q/lcd

Also, I need online storage to archive files :

http://db.tt/gn5Qffd6#

https://my.pcloud.com/#page=register...e=g8ikZmcfEJy#

@Estel:
Only the on-screen keyboard needs special workarounds, external keyboards should work as long as they send normal key events. Or so I'm thinking... Does it just mess up the layout (e.g. send the wrong key)?
Anyways, I'll try to look at rdesktop to see what it does to fix things.

@www.rzr.online.fr:
Great! I added you as a developer
I had a superficial look at the .deb in your repo and noticed it's missing the dependency on zlib, which IIRC is needed for some parts of the protocol - Maybe you missed it?

Last edited by cpulvermacher; 2012-01-14 at 16:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
cpulvermacher
While using external keyboard with PresenceVNC, it's impossible to write my language special characters (tested on PL layout, others are probably also affected). Of course, when trying the same in Maemo (for example, leafpad, xterm or whatever), they're working fine from external keyboard, thanks to extkbd setting layout properly, upon connecting.
keyboard
Also, PresenceVNC kinda ignores my remapped hardware keyboard settings (done via editing /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/rx-51) - for both keys that require shift+blue arrow (layer 4), and just 'blue_arrow' + key. I've said 'kinda', because default symbols works (for example, 'blue arrow' + 'h' result in '(') but if I've changed it to something else, it doesn't recognize any symbol (neither basic or remapped - for example, I've set 'blue arrow' + 'z' to result in '˙' - ['dead_abovedot', that write standalone by writing it followed by space, or mix with other symbols, for example followed by 'z' it produces 'ż'], but in PresenceVNC, using it result in nothing - neither '˙', or '£' is shown).

Ho ever, as for hardware remapping, other remote desktop clients for N900 act the same way, so I have no idea for simple fix. Also, external keyboard issue seems to be higher priority, at least for me (+ it probably got solution in code of rDesktop).
---

Thanks again for this great VNC viewer, and for will to look at keyboard issue! Fixing it is going to make life of people travelling with N900 (+ small keyboard ) easier.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2012-01-14 at 18:46.

Hey cpulvermacher, It's nice to see unexpected Presence update - even, if it was little disappointing, that it haven't fix for external keyboards (at least, judging by changelog).

Of course, I'm not demanding anything - I'm just curious - You haven't had time to look into it, rDesktop source code wasn't helpful @ determining how they workaround'ed issue, or was it too troublesome to implement?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Could anyone make a single package with presencevncviewer? I tried and did lots, including flashing a new firmware, to no avail...

@estel: Sorry for not coming up with a solution; the update however has some additional debugging info enabled, so if you start 'presencevnc' from the command line you will get some info on what keys were pressed and what presence VNC actually sent to the server. Maybe you could send me an excerpt with some of the broken characters in it?
Also, do polish characters work if you type them on the built-in keyboard or on-screen?

I tried looking at rDesktop, but the bluetooth keyboard option only adds some special handling to some specific keys like F5, does enabling the option actually make a difference?

If all fails, typing the text in the maemo editor, copying and pasting it on the remote machine might work. (at least it bypasses all the mess about keycodes)

@aRTee: Try setting the quality to high before connecting, I don't think it makes use of the missing library. (Though it won't be much fun over the internet...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
I am having trouble dragging windows on the remote desktop. I've tried tap+hold+drag but that moves the whole desktop. I've also tried left rocker+tap+hold+drag, and that moves the window, but after a short distance the whole desktop starts moving and the window stops. what am I doing wrong?

Great program indeed.

@chill:
For drag-and-drop, tap twice and hold on the second tap, then dragging should work.

The behaviour you describe with the volume buttons is actually my fault, will fix this. You can however, with the volume button pressed, tap where you want your window to end up - still counts as a drag.

The Following User Says Thank You to cpulvermacher For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by cpulvermacher View Post
Also, do polish characters work if you type them on the built-in keyboard or on-screen?
I use built-in keyboard for polish characters, as "blue arrow"+shift+key. Same combination apply for some other characters, like ><| []{} etc. Generally, I have whole regular keyboard mapped to hardware keyboard, using this method (keys from upper row act as F1-F12 when invoked with "blue arrow"+shift). To be honest, I don't use on-screen keyboard for anything.

Originally Posted by cpulvermacher View Post
I tried looking at rDesktop, but the bluetooth keyboard option only adds some special handling to some specific keys like F5, does enabling the option actually make a difference?
When external, full-fledged keyboard is connected via USB, regular way of inputing special character (for example, polish "ą" is "right alt + a") *does* work on rDesktop after selecting "bluetooth keyboard" (so, it makes difference), yet, it doesn't work using PresenceVNC.
---

As for debug info from console, I'll test it (will try to do it tomorrow), and drop info here. Thanks for will to hammer this thing out!

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Thanks for a reliable VNC client for Maemo. I'm quite happy with it.