Closed Thread
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I've updated a couple of times over the last few days and believe I'm now on v16.8
If however I do "about CSSU" from control panel it says I am still on v15.

Is this an oversight or did I not upgrade properly?

Hi I hate double posting, but no one has answered me yet and my post is getting quickly buried. This was my original post:

Originally Posted by maemouser1 View Post
Hi I don't know if anyone can help me. I have been experiencing random crashes often with modest as soon as I update to the CSSU. I believe I am experiencing this bug. I tried with previous versions of the CSSU and even with this one, but Modest still keeps crashing frequently. I had to reflash everytime because email is very important to me.

Is there any way for me to enjoy the other features if the CSSU? Maybe I could pin modest and tinymail packages so they don't get upgraded or maybe a way to upgrade only certain packages manually from the CSSU?
Please, I would really appreciate a response. I want to benefit from the CSSU, but I just can't lose e-mail functionality.

Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
Choose Raiden or Lui Kang and no more FATALITY

Cheers,

J4ZZ
Thanks, J4ZZ. That link worked.

I got another upgrade of the CSSU, which I installed. I am still having problems with the phone under bluetooth. Not sure what it is, but audio disappears when making or recieving a call. I can hear if I switch from headset to earpiece, but nothing from the headset. I can hear everything else in bluetooth, including taps on the screen, audio from the media player, etc. I deleted the headset from bluetooth and re-paired it, with no appreciable difference in behavior. I'm using AT&T in the US, if that makes a difference. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
--vr

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
just wake up for 9 hours and saw a update
update frequency, i jumped 2

thanks for the updates ...calculator works in portrait mode now...good job

hmm, how about the camera working in portrait mode along with being able to view photos in portrait mode without it going all wack?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nokiaqueen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Originally Posted by romiiio View Post
MAG
how about the fastsms virtual keyboard problem?
since this new update everytime i press the option button instead of options menu showing up virtual keyboard disappears!
install the latest CSSU update, 16.8. fastsms is now working fine on my unit.
thanks CSSU team!

The Following User Says Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Russia, Ekaterinburg
qutIM, after install the latest CSSU update, 16.8, now works again. Thanks!

what about the search feature in contacts.its really very necessary. i thought it will be included in the cssu. everytime i want to call someone with letter S or T i have to open the keyboard and time their name.really very annoying.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
what about the search feature in contacts.its really very necessary. i thought it will be included in the cssu. everytime i want to call someone with letter S or T i have to open the keyboard and time their name.really very annoying.
Rather than the contacts, I use the phone app and use the 'select contact' button and press the appropriate alphabet group like 'STU'. Easier than from the contacts.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kitwalker For This Useful Post:
thankfully maemo is kinda open.

i pity fools that buy wp7

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade