OK, I just want to go somewhere, post something because this is driving me nuts.

I've been waiting for the July 22 CPU sale. Intel suppose to drop quadcore q6600 to 266. Anyway July 22 comes around and I'm looking everywhere for $266 CPU. NewEgg was pretty cheap at 299. So I said well lets wait until monday, maybe someone else will have it cheaper. 23rd rolls around and the CPU price keeps going higher and higher on newegg. Is this nuts or what. I'm pisses...just want to vent. Now newegg price is back up from 299 to 320 now it's 345. This is nuts.....I give up....
"less is like more but better"

Put down the MtDew and step away from the keyboard!

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
It'll go back down, NokNok. AMD just hacked their prices again, so there's pressure on Intel. I suspect you're seeing a supply and demand bubble.

Well...newegg is now selling it 375...gone up 75 dollars in less than 2days. So I went and bought it from zipzoomfly.com for 295. I bought the mobo and fan from newegg. I haven't bought anything from both places before so I hope it all comes out OK. If you want something you might as well get it...because when you wait for something, something else is going to come up and you want to wait for that. You'll be waiting forever. I could wait another month for G0 stepping...but what the heck. Besides I heard that intel only sale the q6600 for 299 anyway from engadget.
"less is like more but better"

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
hey, I'm happy: just got word AMD is cutting prices on Opterons...

AMD recently announced new top frequency parts in the Second Generation AMD Opteron™ 2200 and 8200 Series product lines. These parts will be introduced at the current top price points within standard price stacks for each series.

This will create even more aggressive price points, with a price waterfall on currently shipping frequencies of AMD Opteron 200/2200 and 800/8200 Series products.

Effective Monday, August 6, selected AMD Opteron processors will have a reduction in suggested prices as follows:

First Generation AMD Opteron™ 200 Series Processors: between 18% and 32% price reduction

Second Generation AMD Opteron™ 2200 Series Processors: between 9% and 32% price reduction

First Generation AMD Opteron™ 800 Series Processors: between 20% and 25% price reduction

Second Generation AMD Opteron™ 8200 Series Processors: between 20% and 30% price reduction

Please contact your authorized AMD distributor for specific pricing and availability details.

The launch of these higher performing parts and the subsequent price change on currently shipping parts provides continuous improvement in AMD Opteron competitive performance and pricing, while also ensuring continuing support of currently shipping AMD Opteron processors.

Best Regards,

The AMD North America Regional Marketing Team
Heh... almost time to upgrade to a couple of 275s...