Active Topics

2 days ago I rebooted my n800 and when it came back on it said that the card was corrupted or needed to be formatted. I have one of those 8gb Transcend, I've only had it for 2 weeks now. I tried formatting it in but now it's indicating that it has 492 KB of free space. It's not showing up when I put it in the laptop, it shows up when I connect the N800. Any idea what's wrong with it? Please help. Thx!

Try reformatting your card, and if not possible, try it on another device (eg. a camera) and formatting it there...

I had the same thing happened to me. Says virtual mem corrupted. Then when you check the memory on the n800 it says read only. I can browse file but not write to it. I coudln't format on the n800 but I was able to insert it into a card reader on my computer and format it. Then I recreate the virtual memory. Of course you might want to try and copy stuff off the card first before formatting.
"less is like more but better"

Thx for the advice, I returned the card and they will be sending me a new one. meanwhile I haven't been having much fun with my n800, unless I could stream my music straight from my pc? How do I do that if it's possible? Or I guess I could wait Fri.

You can use tversity or nero mediahome or some kind of upnp media server. tversity is free and works well. You then can use the media player on the nokia n800 to browse your computer and play the file. Or you might want to get canola, which works much better to play video and music off your computer.
"less is like more but better"