Active Topics

I've heard that Tizen talks/tech shows (on Linux embedded conference in San Francisco) were quite pathetic/boring/lacking anything innovative. It also apply to device in question :/
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
This sounds interesting. I was very sceptical towards yet another remix (and the names just get worse), but at least they seem to be actually going to release devices running it.

Now, does anyone know the extent of its multi-tasking capability compared to maemo/android? Couldn't see it mentioned/shown in the video.

The Following User Says Thank You to Fawz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
maybe builtup from samsung is cheap from plastic, but dont judge the book from its cover, they have the best SoC on earth atm,

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This has been available before, but now you can see the device aswell. This is what regular users likes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ-yMJR65VU

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Maybe it has user choosable scheduler and CPU governor like in Cyanogen Android, so there won't be an issue if someone wants to tune it closer to a mobile computer and further from a smart phone.

http://androidforums.com/xperia-mini...explained.html

Hopefully developers still make apps to be background-aware and not programs just for fellow developers with double-triple batteries.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Grab a beer and...

https://www.tizen.org/conference/tiz...ce/live-stream
They're building a HTML5 platform, promoting HTML5. And their live stream uses Adobe Flash. LOL. FAIL!

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
you know, the first smartphone with touchWiz was a Symbian Phone...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by unknown.obvious View Post
Now you scared me. I belive monopolies are bad for various reasons and seems like Samsung is as good as there. Even Apple Product have Samsung stuff inside so it's technicaly not that much of a competitior. I also remember this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26MB4...feature=relmfu Did you know Samsung did this? It didn't go into Production (yet) and I fear there is more.
It's difficult to see that anyone can beat Samsung in anything atm. They are the most complete consumer electronics company ever to have existed.

Chinese manufacturers have given up, they are fighting each other in stead. The others, Sony, Panasonic, whatever are just pushed out of the water when Samsung makes their splashes.

Samsung is quality. Everything I have that is Samsung just works and keep on doing it year after year. But Samsung is way too lazy updating the OS'es. If you have had a couple of Samsung phones you are fed up. Nokia is (was...) a zillion times better in that respect. That's why I am reluctant about Samsung phones. Tizen phones will probably not be any better. They release one or two, after a year they release one more with Tizen 2.0 and forget about all the Tizen 1.0 phones. They won't be updated. Then they forget all about Tizen, heading off into some new thing.

Samsung knows hardware like no one has ever done before, but regarding software they are a mess. This will kill them in the end if they don't shape up.

So, if WP catches on against all odds, Samsung will make the best HW spec vise, but I would rather have a Nokia because I know the software aspects will be much better. Not that Nokia is some genius regarding software, they are just better than Samsung (at least they used to be).

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
I think the device looks nice. It's hard to tell much from a reference device, but frankly their reference is further along than just about anything MeeGo has been, so... :P

I'll be interested to see what they have when it's ready to hit the market. The lack of a keyboard is killer for me, but there are plenty of mods out there for other devices to add a BT keyboard with a slip-on case. If this makes it big enough to get something like that, it may be worth a second look.