Active Topics

As far as I can tell v0.6 works fine. (now: Twonky 6.0.39, Samsung UE32D6500 FW xx21). Nice work.

I still have the same problem that I need to stop playback before I can play another music, picture of movie file. Even if this is due to the renderer (and since others seem to have the same issue), how about an option that combines the "play" command with a preceding "stop", for non-standard renderers?

A usability request: If there are many files on a server scrolling through the list becomes cumbersome. Could you implement the index-scroll-bar on the right side, as it is for example done in stock contacts, gallery and music player? That would allow for much more comfort when scrolling in larger lists/directories.

Thanks again.

The Following User Says Thank You to hw9xx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
As far as I can tell v0.6 works fine. (now: Twonky 6.0.39, Samsung UE32D6500 FW xx21). Nice work.

I still have the same problem that I need to stop playback before I can play another music, picture of movie file. Even if this is due to the renderer (and since others seem to have the same issue), how about an option that combines the "play" command with a preceding "stop", for non-standard renderers?
Please provide a log Unfortunately, Samsung TVs are notoriously known as not to be identifiable by user agent.

A usability request: If there are many files on a server scrolling through the list becomes cumbersome. Could you implement the index-scroll-bar on the right side, as it is for example done in stock contacts, gallery and music player? That would allow for much more comfort when scrolling in larger lists/directories.

Thanks again.
Yeah, I know. I tried to use its QML equivalent but it doesn't really like the way I do models. That's one reason for the new filtering feature.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phako For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
IIRC it didn't. But now that I'm experimenting... it does work when playing on Samsung Allshare on pc, Samsung's free UPnP software (which works quite well actually). I can also use progress indicator on the phone to skip to any chosen point. So I guess it's the tv which is the problem.
Log please. Some Samsungs announce wrong seek modes and unfortunately I pay attention to that announcement.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
I was wondering if it would be possible to have N9 acting as a DLNA player and encountered this: http://jensge.org/2012/07/rygel-split-up/ (from phako's blog, I assume?) and this: http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalin...a-dlna-player/

Do you have plans to continue working on dlna player functionality? And maybe even try to make it work on N9?

There is one update to HelliumReborn v.1.1.3 i guess, but stil unstable and crashing a lt where ever there is videos for flashplayer on websites.

Originally Posted by OVK View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible to have N9 acting as a DLNA player and encountered this: http://jensge.org/2012/07/rygel-split-up/ (from phako's blog, I assume?) and this: http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalin...a-dlna-player/

Do you have plans to continue working on dlna player functionality? And maybe even try to make it work on N9?
If all that you want is local playback of UPnP/DLNA-shared files, this will happen in some future version - most likely not the next, but the next-next since it requires some internal changes I didn't find the time to. For this, the links above (yeah, the first blog is mine) isn't really necessary.

Originally Posted by An9 View Post
There is one update to HelliumReborn v.1.1.3 i guess, but stil unstable and crashing a lt where ever there is videos for flashplayer on websites.
HeliumReborn is a completely different project (it's a web browser) which even existed before I named my software; I agree it's a bit unfortunate.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by phako View Post
If all that you want is local playback of UPnP/DLNA-shared files, this will happen in some future version - most likely not the next, but the next-next since it requires some internal changes I didn't find the time to. For this, the links above (yeah, the first blog is mine) isn't really necessary.
Yes, local playback is indeed sufficient for my use cases.