Active Topics

Hi All

N900 arriving shortly and want to plan for regular music syncs from my Nas - Netgear Readynas to my N900.

Now, I dont tend to use itunes at all as in the past I have done drop and drag to music players. I though also want to plan regular syncs from the nas on another folder as thats where I have my podcasts downloaded to. So checking music folder every night for new music and then auto syncing would be great.

I was wondering what the thoughts are on best way?

Utilising my wifi would be the best way I suppose.

Thoughts?

Scott

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Ovi Suite
rsync
Unison

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
When i was obsessively surfing this forum before release, looking for info on the N900, I saw someone mention, that they would just use a script, to keep 2 folders sync'ed, when they were on their home network..
I haven't seen it yet though.

I use grsync on linux

Ive installed grsync on my n900 fine however I cant find my NAS (nor my windows PC) when trying to select the destination folder. What would I need to do to be able to link grsync to a folder on the network?

Thanks v much

Anyone had any more luck with this?

Even with grsync or separate script if there is a away to do this say by a certain wifi connection. With say it auto connects at a specific time after bringing the wifi online.

By doing so, we can do over the air file movements via home wifi

Scott

mediamonkey works seamlessly. just add your NAS to the library and then add n900 as device. you can then adjust sync profiles to suite. i:e exclude wife's madonna back catalogue

Hi

Having grief with grsync.

Set the source eg:

\\192.168.0.100\Media\Music

and created a folder on the N900 for the Music

It fails, erros but cannot get info on the error. It maybe permissions but I dont seen an option where to put permissions in grsync.

Any ideas?

Scott

mediamonkey works seamlessly. just add your NAS to the library and then add n900 as device. you can then adjust sync profiles to suite. i:e exclude wife's madonna back catalogue
Confirmed.

On a side note: If anyone got a ipod device and turned it into something better ie a http://www.rockbox.org/ Rockboxed Ipod, mediamonkey screws it up unfortunately, puts the annoying ipodcontroller back on it, but the N900 works great!!!

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Songbird is supposed to work well with the N900 although I found it to be a pain... I settled on the MS Synctoy which works well... I may also give grsync a try...