Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
waspy so the flashing with pr_legacy_280 didnt work it out for you?

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
waspy so the flashing with pr_legacy_280 didnt work it out for you?
Nope, still "failing to flash". It's really weird as like I said in my first post, it happily flashed the UK image before, and prior to that it would show the Nokia logo when plugged in.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Philippines
Hmm, does it have any "Property Of Nokia" logo/prints on it?

Apparently I got a Lumia 900 with that same logo on it from my uncle who works in Nokia. It's illegal to use it in public?

Originally Posted by uzernamezz View Post
Hmm, does it have any "Property Of Nokia" logo/prints on it?

Apparently I got a Lumia 900 with that same logo on it from my uncle who works in Nokia. It's illegal to use it in public?
No logo, no, although there isn't much room for logos on the N9, it's a unibody! I don't think it's illegal to use it in public, engineers have to test these things and that is what they do; my friend lives with his handsets for a while and reports back on software bugs and problems, making suggestions on improvements etc.

Originally Posted by waspy View Post
I don't think it's illegal to use it in public, engineers have to test these things and that is what they do
Engineers (or rather their employers) obtain special test licences from their local regulatory authorities in order to do so. Unless you also have one of those it is illegal to operate a non-certified cellular device.

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Engineers (or rather their employers) obtain special test licences from their local regulatory authorities in order to do so. Unless you also have one of those it is illegal to operate a non-certified cellular device.
Interesting, I didn't know that. Still leaves me stuck with this handset though!

I had litle problem like this...but i solved quick, i flashed duo boot kernel for nitdroid, then i reflashed without nitdroid duoboot and went fine...maybe you should try it..or try switzerland rom that the phone will recognise as update i guess bcz of 009 over 001 number you got already on phone.

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Exactly. It is as illegal as using a GSM jammer. "Might actually get you into prison"-illegal (depending on country and motives of course)

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Depending on the realities of local legislation, you may also try to claim that the act of purchase is void and null and you want your money back: you bought for a faulty device, not an unsoldable one.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
Depending on the realities of local legislation, you may also try to claim that the act of purchase is void and null and you want your money back: you bought for a faulty device, not an unsoldable one.
Yeah I'm trying to pursue this avenue right now but the seller is a bit thick so it's difficult trying to communicate the exact problem. It was via eBay so I am protected (I would assume anyway), I'll raise it with them next week I expect.

These sort of refunds take ages though so I was rather hoping to simply sort the device out and get it working and avoid the hassle but if it hasn't got a certified radio etc then perhaps that is the way forward.