Hello, please help!!
I connected my nokia n9 via usb to my laptop (linux), and deleted files (videos, music files). but then I saw that the respective space had not been freed.

.. .... but when I transfered a file to my computer (cut'n paste) the storage was freed!!!
so I know what (not) to do in the future, but how do I access the "lost" space?
help is very much appreciated!

PS: I found this thread but don't know whether it's a similar problem or how to transfer the solution https://access.redhat.com/solutions/2316

Last edited by still_loving_n9; 2017-02-23 at 20:51. Reason: mistake

The Following User Says Thank You to still_loving_n9 For This Useful Post:
When you just "delete" a file, it is moved to the trash. When your phone is connected over USB, it is moved to a trash volume on the phone itself. So no space is actually freed until the trash is emptied.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
When you just "delete" a file, it is moved to the trash. When your phone is connected over USB, it is moved to a trash volume on the phone itself. So no space is actually freed until the trash is emptied.
Thank you, @taixzo!!! you're right!

The trash folder (.Trash-1001) with the subfiles "files" and "info" are created when deleting a file via computer (USB). It's a hidden folder ! (hence the confusion). I deleted it for good and freed 4 GB...

So I can only recommend to everyone running out of space to check the .trash..... files, as that can happen without being aware!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to still_loving_n9 For This Useful Post: